Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NWN XPAC1 dev chat log

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights

The <a href="http://nwn.stratics.com/">Stractics NWN</a> site has a <A href="http://nwn.stratics.com/content/community/hoclogs/20021212_hoc.shtml">editted log</a> of a dev chat with <a href="Http://www.bioware.com">BioWare</a> and the boys working on one of the expansion packa to <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com">BioWare</a>. Here's a clip about the feats and spells for people who <b>don't</b> want to buy it:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Question from Daryl_Knight:</b>
<br>
<br>
For Multiplayer, I was wondering if the new character feats would be available to everyone, regardless if they had the expansion or not, in order for all characters to be able to play together.
<br>
<br>
<b>Response from BioDarcy:</b>
<br>
<br>
New character feats will not be avalible to everyone, just on servers who support Xp1
<br>
<br>
<b>Response from NaomiNovik:</b>
<br>
<br>
Just to clarify on the XP1 feats question --
<br>
<br>
If you have XP1 feats, you can play on non-XP1 servers with non-XP1 players
<br>
and your XP1 feats will work properly, and the other players will be able to see the effects of the feats, etc
<br>
<br>
<u>but those other players will not be able to take the XP1 feats (or spells, too) themselves if they don't have the expansion.</u></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Or you could just wait for someone to mod those in. YEEHAW!
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href="http://www.ve3d.com">VoodooExtreme</a>.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Right So the clear message is buy the expansion to make your char stronger than others that dont have it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's what I find funny, because that basically sounds like the only reason TO buy the expansion, to get more feats and spells. They've already said in other interviews that the expansion is going to be linear with few side quests, so who really wants a campaign that does less than the one NWN shipped with if not for the extra feats and spells.

And honestly, given this game took five years to make and had 75 people working on it, expansions like these just sound like they were holding something back from the original just to sell an expansion.

About the only thing that amazes me here is that the expansion doesn't lift the level cap. However, given that there's two expansions in the works.. What do you want to bet that the first one adds a buttload of spells and things, while the second one lifts the level cap.

Jed

Cipher
Just gotta string the fans out, a little at a time. The first official add-on (Witch's Wake) is free--the next you gotta pay for. Other expansions add a few spells here, a few feats there. Gotta pace the release of the features...if for no other reason to wait for some kid in the community to code it for them for free anyway...

This is worse than Everquest.

J

Ibbz

Augur
40 Spells and 30 Feats is still quite a large number. And the second expansion pack is already confirmed to lift the Level cap past 20.
Why cant you just buy level 50 Sorcs at Wal-Mart for 29.99 and get past the shitty, godawful gameplay
Why do that - when all you have to do is type in
DebugMode 1
dm_givelevel 50
and click on your character. Of course gullible people like you, may purchase the character anyway. :)

And i urge people who still have NWN installed to try out the first Witch Wake module. Its short {Sorta like the prelude in the OC}, but its much better than the official campaign. If you dont have NWN installed, you might aswell wait until a few more modules in the series are released first.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Of course gullible people like you, may purchase the character anyway.
Duh. Honestly, I had a level 100 Dwarven Barbarian that I was fooling around with in the first Chapter.
What I meant was why do they not just start selling expansions that give about 25 levels to your Char and quite alot of ungodly feats not featured in the main game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom