Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bloodlines preview marathon continues

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Another <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com>Bloodlines</a> <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/561/561875p1.html?fromint=1>preview</a>, courtesy of <a href=http://pc.ign.com>IGN</a>. I don't read these previews anymore, but since we are apparently trying to collect them all, that's my contribution.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>But there's also humor amid the grimness, in Boyarsky and Co.'s patented Fallout style. In addition to the main character's tendency towards wry sarcasm, his skills may give him additional dialogue options marked by color coding. You may be able to shake down a bystander for his heirloom watch, or convince someone else they've been fired from their job, convince a thug that you're just coming by for a chat, panhandle, or generally insult everyone you encounter. Or you can be the boring good guy, filling in the gaps Quantum Leap-style, stepping in to help someone when no one else seems to care.
<br>
<br>
Still, a Masquerade game developed by Troika and rendering with the Source engine pretty much sells itself. </blockquote>
<br>
I hope so. Troika can use a break.
<br>
<br>
<br>

Whipporowill

Erudite
"Bloodlines previews - gotta catch'em all!"

Been hanging around Gamespot and IGN during the day, pretty much expecting more previews to pop up. Pretty good marketing strategy on Activision's behalf, considering it's on like every damn site by now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"In addition to the main character's tendency towards wry sarcasm"

No comment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Heh. partl what i was thinking too. Almost all protaganists have a 'wry sense of humour'. that is too cliche. Besides, I thought the protaganist was supposed to be our creation which means we should decide how wry his (or her) humour is..

Volourn

Pretty Princess
LOL

When I first read your post I thought it was some "subtle" way of jabbing me for my awful typing. Then i thought, nah, that was funny in ofitself. On the second hand, my awful typing is an easy target so ya never know.

Either way, LOL.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah, your typing *is* easy to mock in and of itself."

No shit sherlock. There must be an echo in here as I swear I wrote exactly that... :?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Multiple auto-save slots? That's great, since I constantly forget to save the game at crucial moments. Screw these damn previews and give us the game already!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Meh. That just means I have to go out of my way to erase them all.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Erase auto-save slots? Why would you want to do that?"

'Cause I only need 1, or 2 saves per game. Only wusses need more.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Erase auto-save slots? Why would you want to do that?"

'Cause I only need 1, or 2 saves per game. Only wusses need more.

Eh, well. Just don't restart from the autosaves? Or are you saying the mighty Volourn wouldn't be able to resist the TEMPTATION?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Sure, i can. i just don't want them to pollute my game or my computer.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. I just don't need 80 saves for one game. That's wasteful.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yup. You did. I would think that the fact your edit timestamp is AFTER the timestamp on my post above. Nice try though. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom