Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bloodlines preview at ActionTrip

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.actiontrip.com>ActionTrip</a> got a crack at Troika's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines recently and came back with a <a href=http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/vampirethemasqueradebloodlines_p3.phtml>beefy preview</a>.<blockquote>To help set the mood for the preview, Activison rented out a dance club/bar that goes by the name of Fang and is home to the Vampire scene in LA (I'm not kidding). As I was getting the lowdown on how to play the game, I kept glancing around the club. Rich red velvet enshrouded room. The bar had a grey stone motif that resembled the walls of a dungeon. Several members of the LA vampire scene were milling around the room, glowering at us 'normals' while they watch the game play and basically just freaking me out. Flanking either side of the stage were two large skeletons that stared down on a dance floor that was serving as our play area. Two long tables with top of the line gaming rigs sat waiting for those of us who would be playing the latest Vampire build from Troika Games.</blockquote>Wow. That sounds really embarassing. Gotta respect the journalists, though. They'll venture into the lamest of gothy dance clubs to get their scoop.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ve3d.ign.com">Voodoo Extreme</A>

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, but until a more official announcement comes, we're not going to post it. Rumers and innuendoes and all that.

Limorkil

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
<a href=http://www.actiontrip.com>ActionTrip</a> got a crack at Troika's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines recently and came back with a <a href=http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/vampirethemasqueradebloodlines_p3.phtml>beefy preview</a>.<blockquote>To help set the mood for the preview, Activison rented out a dance club/bar that goes by the name of Fang and is home to the Vampire scene in LA (I'm not kidding). As I was getting the lowdown on how to play the game, I kept glancing around the club. Rich red velvet enshrouded room. The bar had a grey stone motif that resembled the walls of a dungeon. Several members of the LA vampire scene were milling around the room, glowering at us 'normals' while they watch the game play and basically just freaking me out. Flanking either side of the stage were two large skeletons that stared down on a dance floor that was serving as our play area. Two long tables with top of the line gaming rigs sat waiting for those of us who would be playing the latest Vampire build from Troika Games.</blockquote>Wow. That sounds really embarassing. Gotta respect the journalists, though. They'll venture into the lamest of gothy dance clubs to get their scoop.
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ve3d.ign.com">Voodoo Extreme</A>

I love the fat goths that dress as vampires. I doubt that people who only drink blood would be anything but super skinny, unless they only drank the blood of Jerry Springer audience members. And you don't make a convincing vampire when you're sweating and wheezing and eating a hotdog. My girlfriend of some years back once convinced me to dress as a vampire for halloween, but I looked like a fat mexican concert pianist. In the end I went as Frankenstein's Monster because I do lumbering and moaning rather well.

Actually that LA vampire club sounds like it would be highly amusing in a pathetic kind of way. $100 says there's an asian chick wearing a wedding dress - every goth club has one.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Well Actiontrip managed to avoid any dildo comments, which is a good thing. The preview is all very, very positive, and it looks like there's plenty of atmosphere and detail. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Rumers and innuendoes and all that."

Since when has that stopped ya before?

As for Vampire, it has its good and bad points. I look forward to playing it as early as January.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, a very spoilerish preview - but also a very interesting one. At least shows that Troika is using the physics, although maybe not to the degree of HL2 (most stuff will be locked down in Bloodlines). This also leads me to believe the game will be quite good:

I was so keyed up during this time I did not notice until the combat was over that I had leaned in towards the 19 inch LCD monitor until I was only about 6 inches away from it. Also, the guy on my right was looking at me with his eyebrows raised as I had been uttering cries of surprise when the creature landed blows and taunting the screen when I had scored a hit of my own. I looked at him shrugged, and gave a nervous laugh and he turned back to his game shaking his head.

:D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That proves nothing except that the reviewer needs help.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Or that the game is seriously immersive, considering he also looked forward to the next conversation in-game. But yeah, I guess he wouldn't suffer from some proffessional help, most of us wouldn't, I suspect.

Stark

Liturgist
Mendoza said:
Well Actiontrip managed to avoid any dildo comments, which is a good thing. The preview is all very, very positive, and it looks like there's plenty of atmosphere and detail. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one.

previews are generally positive. just look at Bard's Tale's preview in Gamespot, then look at the review.

anyway I'm gonna get it. I'm a Troika fanboi with $50 to spend.

geminito

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
Well, a very spoilerish preview - but also a very interesting one. At least shows that Troika is using the physics, although maybe not to the degree of HL2 (most stuff will be locked down in Bloodlines). This also leads me to believe the game will be quite good:

I was so keyed up during this time I did not notice until the combat was over that I had leaned in towards the 19 inch LCD monitor until I was only about 6 inches away from it. Also, the guy on my right was looking at me with his eyebrows raised as I had been uttering cries of surprise when the creature landed blows and taunting the screen when I had scored a hit of my own. I looked at him shrugged, and gave a nervous laugh and he turned back to his game shaking his head.

:D

Sounds like an FPS... If he's getting that worked up during combat, it's gotta be twitchy and fast. So I guess I'll be getting killed and reloading a lot. Immersive indeed...

I just don't know about this one. But I'll probably get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom