Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Dragon Age II Video Interviews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>Two brief video interviews with <strong>Dragon Age 2</strong> Lead Designer Mike Laidlaw are available.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/unnameddragonageprojectworkingtitle/video/6298174" target="_blank">This first one at Gamespot</a> is about talent trees and how character gameplay has been improved.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Whereas <a href="http://www.news10.net/life/entertainment/game-guys/story.aspx?storyid=122148&amp;catid=99" target="_blank">in this second one</a> over at News10 Mike explains that Dragon Age 2 will be as good as Baldur's Gate II.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>"[<em>Baldur's Gate 2</em>]<em> </em>had characters that were incredibly memorable," Laidlaw tells News10's Game Guys. "Characters like Edwin or Minsc with his crazed crusade against all things evil. And I think that what we deliver with <em>Dragon Age 2</em> a deeper tactical experience."</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I have a prediction of my own: Even the duergar wussies in Irenicus' dungeon pose a bigger thread than anything you'll encounter in Dragon Age 2. That's a scientific fact I deducted from the sad thruth that after BioWare's latest patch efforts Dragon Age pretty much plays itself even on nightmare difficulty. But maybe I'm wrong and BioWare, after having redefined the meaning of RPG, just redefined the meaning of *deep*, *tactical* and perhaps even *experience* as well.</p>

Black

Arcane
I have to agree, BG2 characters were memorable!
In a "just shut the fuck up, you annoying count, I don't give a shit about your wings or about your fucking crusade, chaotic stupid character, god, I hope I'll never have to see such idiotic characters again" way, but memorable nonetheless!

ortucis

Prophet
Somewhere in the BioWare dungeons:
PRGuy: "Hmm, PC gamers are hating DA2 and despite us catering to the moron-crowd, we know we get a fuckload of sales on PC. What to do.."

"Of course, that always works.."

"RELEASE THE BG2KRAKEN!!"

Somewhere on a generic console-friendly news site..
"Whereas in this second one over at News10 Mike explains that Dragon Age 2 will be as good as Baldur's Gate II."

*evil PRlaughter in the background*

torpid

Liturgist
Stop name-dropping Minsc you idiots, he was a terrible character! If people only remember Minsc, that says a lot about your games don't you think?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I enjoyed Minsc's antics in a juvenile sort of way when I first played Baldur's Gate 10 years ago, and I guess he is sort of memorable.

None of the characters from BG2 were particularly memorable though, which I suppose is better than Bioware's later efforts with characters that were memorable for being annoying and/or whiny.

waywardOne

Arcane
i turned all of minsc's sound files into empty .wavs. he was annoying as fuck. retarded people aren't cute or endearing.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
waywardOne said:
i turned all of minsc's sound files into empty .wavs. he was annoying as fuck. retarded people aren't cute or endearing.

Forget what I said.

Crusoe

Novice
Playing Edwin as a lady. I don't know, that was fun? Or is it just that we poopoo on every RPG ever made on this site?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" have a prediction of my own: Even the duergar wussies in Irenicus' dungeon pose a bigger thread than anything you'll encounter in Dragon Age 2. That's a scientific fact I deducted from the sad thruth that after BioWare's latest patch efforts Dragon Age pretty much plays itself even on nightmare difficulty. But maybe I'm wrong and BioWare, after having redefined the meaning of RPG, just redefined the meaning of *deep*, *tactical* and perhaps even *experience* as well."

Bullshitz.

P.S. Minsc is one of the most oevrrated characetrs ever. FFS

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think the crunch and the pressure have melted Mike's mind. Try saying that three times fast.

attackfighter

Magister
I'd say the BG crew was memorable, don't think I've ever seen generic fantasy archetypes done so well. A lot of it has to do with the voice acting.

DA2 will not be anything like that though. It will be a repeat of DA1, with loads of pulp dialogue, gay party members who reminicse about their inane lives, emotionless voice actors who lost the will to live after reading the script, etc.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Melcar said:
I found Minsc amusing in the first game. The second time around not so much.
This.

Stainless Veteran said:
I remember Aerie and Anomen more than Minsc. Never before them I wanted to kill bunch of pixels so badly.
And this.

attackfighter said:
I'd say the BG crew was memorable (...) DA2 will not be anything like that though. It will be a repeat of DA1, with loads of pulp dialogue, gay party members who reminicse about their inane lives, emotionless voice actors who lost the will to live after reading the script, etc.
And also this.

Bulba

Learned
my favorite bg2 character was a drow evil priestess, can't remember her name, through minsk was alright i suppose. i can't see da2 being nearly as good as bg2, because the game will be made multiplatform and on other platforms than a pc it's hard to control multiple characters simultaneously. thus a combat strategy will be concentrated onto the control of a singe character, while others will be mainly ai controlled. with this approach it will be imposable to have such a good and fun battles as in bg2
:decline:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Crusoe said:
Or is it just that we poopoo on every RPG ever made on this site?

It's the only way for the Codex to reassure ourselves that we are prestigious gentlemen that won't play console shit where quest compass leads you through linear corridors while health regens in 3 seconds while weeping inside and having DA2 on preorder.

Before posting 100 threads about how awesome it is.

Welcome.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Yeah...i liked BG2 chars...i would..have loathed them...BEYOND CONTEMPT!

If they were given as much exposure as DA's chars had.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
True. As long as Biogames will be just a CGI dressing for a place to vent Gaider's writing ambitions, I don't see any chance of improvement.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
MetalCraze said:
Crusoe said:
Or is it just that we poopoo on every RPG ever made on this site?

It's the only way for the Codex to reassure ourselves that we are prestigious gentlemen that won't play console shit where quest compass leads you through linear corridors while health regens in 3 seconds while weeping inside and having DA2 on preorder.

Before posting 100 threads about how awesome it is.

Welcome.

keep pilling them up son

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How is pressing the A button tactical?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom