Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money on the PC

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>As expected, <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/02/04/dead-money-coming-to-ps3-pc-more-content-on-the-way/" target="_blank">Dead money is coming to the PC</a> along with three other Fallout: New Vegas DLCs.</p>
<blockquote>This morning we&rsquo;ve announced that Dead Money, the first game add-on for Fallout: New Vegas, is coming to PlayStation 3 (via PSN) and PC (via Steam and Direct2Drive) on Tuesday, February 22nd. Additionally, we will be releasing three additional add-on packs in the coming months. These packs will launch simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.<br /><br />More details to come.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://bethblog.com/">BethBlog</a></p>

ortucis

Prophet
I'll wait for the gold/collector/NotBetaRelease with all TC's next year.

Pretty cool. I'll use my last save game that I saved before unplugging Mr House and go the Yes Man way and be able after playing through the DLC to try the Mr House ending.

On another note: of course, it was bound to come out for the PS3 and the PC. Anyone who thought otherwise is just a moron.

ortucis

Prophet
Beautiful Clown Painting said:
Pretty cool. I'll use my last save game that I saved before unplugging Mr House and go the Yes Man way and be able after playing through the DLC to try the Mr House ending.

On another note: of course, it was bound to come out for the PS3 and the PC. Anyone who thought otherwise is just a moron.

Yeah well, they manged to fool all 360 gamers who were busy telling PC gamers how piracy killed PC. :lol:

Mister Arkham

Scholar
ortucis said:
Yeah well, they manged to fool all 360 gamers who were busy telling PC gamers how piracy killed PC. :lol:

This is like saying that you managed to fool a dog into thinking you were going to feed it by hanging food in front of it. It just isn't that hard to do.

Either way, I'm actually looking forward to this. I've heard very mixed things about Dead Money, but I like New Vegas for the most part and am hoping that we'll get a couple of really strong DLC packs out of the title.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Mister Arkham said:
ortucis said:

This is like saying that you managed to fool a dog into thinking you were going to feed it by hanging food in front of it. It just isn't that hard to do.

Either way, I'm actually looking forward to this. I've heard very mixed things about Dead Money, but I like New Vegas for the most part and am hoping that we'll get a couple of really strong DLC packs out of the title.

It's better written and more hardcore than the main game. Thats really all you need to know. Also play it with Hardcore mode on on very hard and see what happens.

Hardcore mode on this DLC actually means something.

racofer

Thread Incliner
circ said:
IronicNeurotic said:
Mobs have more hp and do more damage and you need to drink water?

You have to understand that playing on hardcore mode in FO:NV has a much deeper significance than mere game mechanics, circ. One that embraces hardcore stands at a whole different league than those non-hardcore peasants. The hardcore player is committed to the game with every fiber of his body and takes shit from nobody.

If I had to graphically demonstrate you the difference between each one it would go like this:

non-hardcore player:

zvae08.jpg

hardcore player:

2jfzvrs.jpg

It may be hard to comprehend at first but it's shit like this that differentiates the boys from the real men.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
circ said:
IronicNeurotic said:

No, you constantly lose health thanks to the poisonus cloud (so you actually have to plan your trips in it). You have almost no sources to anything and most of all there is not much around regarding stimpacks/bags to heal your crippled limp.... And you will have crippled limps.

In other words your majorly fucked.

Incarnate

Novice
Dead Money is great. I love the characters and the gameplay.

But it contains LESS of ye olde fallout feel than FO3.

:smug:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It's a huge "town" - villa filled with prewar stuff, tons of things to read, descriptions and interesting characters. Why shouldn't it not resemble old fallout feel?

And if you play on the correct difficulty level (very hard/hardcore - yeah I know its a retarded name for it) then it really feels as harsh as it can get in Fallout.

Codexlurker

Savant
racofer said:
circ said:
IronicNeurotic said:

You have to understand that playing on hardcore mode in FO:NV has a much deeper significance than mere game mechanics, circ. One that embraces hardcore stands at a whole different league than those non-hardcore peasants. The hardcore player is committed to the game with every fiber of his body and takes shit from nobody.

If I had to graphically demonstrate you the difference between each one it would go like this:

non-hardcore player:

zvae08.jpg

hardcore player:

2jfzvrs.jpg

It may be hard to comprehend at first but it's shit like this that differentiates the boys from the real men.

thread_incliner.png

:smug:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
PFT!

A pitance!

*will buy it :( *

Texas Red

Whiner
I hate this DLC shit. I've already finished NV 2 times and will replay it in at least a few years. This is the case for most games that have DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom