Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Achtung Consoletards! Atlus to bring Divinity 2 to Xbox 360

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

<p><a href="http://www.divinity2-saga.com/index.php?rub=news-infos&amp;id=20" target="_blank">In latest news</a> Atlus decides to bring <strong>Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga</strong> to the FagBox 360.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Atlus is proud to announce their partnership with Focus Interactive in bringing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga for Xbox 360 to North America!&nbsp; <br /><br />Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes a fully remastered version of the original adventure, Ego Draconis, plus Flames of Vengeance, which brings the Divinity II story to a thrilling conclusion, offering numerous new quests to complete, new monsters to fight, and new weapons and armor to collect!&nbsp; Look for it in stores April 12, 2011.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Thanks to TheLostOne for pointing this out.</em></p>

Zeus

Cipher
That's odd. Divinity II was published on Xbox 360 by CDV Software Entertainment USA.

Why the change in publishers? Did CDV go under or something?

Atlus is good news, either way. As far as console RPG publishers go, they're the best, so maybe they won't release Divinity II 2.0 in the buggy state Divinity II was released. (It had a save glitch! You couldn't save your game! Blarg!)

Zeus said:
That's odd. Divinity II was published on Xbox 360 by CDV Software Entertainment USA.

Why the change in publishers? Did CDV go under or something?

Atlus is good news, either way. As far as console RPG publishers go, they're the best, so maybe they won't release Divinity II 2.0 in the buggy state Divinity II was released. (It had a save glitch! You couldn't save your game! Blarg!)

Presumably after someone screws up your first game you don't give them a chance to screw up your second one?

It is odd, though. Isn't Atlus mostly known just for translating games? While they do seem to have a high standard of quality in that regard, I don't recall them doing much in the ways of porting games from system to system. Certainly their developer side hasn't released anything other than handheld games recently.

Zeus

Cipher
Are you saying that CDV handled the port of the game, not just the translation and whatnot?

I thought PC and 360 versions were developed by Larian Studios, and published in America by CDV. So I'm not sure if Atlus is actually the ones porting the game, or if they're just publishing/translating the game Larian already made. I think they're only handling translation, as their press release mentions, "Bringing it to America," rather than, "Bringing it to Xbox 360."

Whatever the case, I hope whoever is handling the new content's translation hired Rhianna Pratchett again. Her amusing dialog made the grind-heavy later half of Divinity II worth playing.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Yes, the 360 version was developed/ported by Larian.

If you visit the Larian forums, they've been looking for a publisher for the console version in the U.S. for quite a while.

This is great news for them. I think DKS will do very well on the 360. It also has all the ingredients to be recieved and reviewed very well from the big console review sites. (if they pay the required.. *cough*... advertising fees... *cough*).

Who knows, now they might even be around long enough to develop Div3...

:thumbsup:

Cassidy

Arcane
I tended to post more in RPG Codex News back when VD was the primary newsposter. And Elwro wasn't that bad either.

Lately I mostly ignore this place as much, if not more than Retardo and GD.

:M

20 Eyes

Liturgist
As much as I hate weeaboo shit, Atlus makes some cool games and publishes some that a lot of people wouldn't get to play otherwise.

Hopefully this partnership is beneficial to all involved.

Zeus said:
I thought PC and 360 versions were developed by Larian Studios, and published in America by CDV. So I'm not sure if Atlus is actually the ones porting the game, or if they're just publishing/translating the game Larian already made. I think they're only handling translation, as their press release mentions, "Bringing it to America," rather than, "Bringing it to Xbox 360."

Ahh, OK. I stand corrected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom