Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Brian Fargo Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment

<p>Gamasutra <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6256/around_the_block_with_brian_fargo.php" target="_blank">interviews</a> veteran game developer and Interplay founder Brian Fargo. An excerpt:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>It's interesting because you've had this past where you've been involved in these kind of groundbreaking games like <em>Bard's Tale</em>, <em>Wasteland</em>, <em>Baldur's Gate</em> and <em>Fallout</em>. Do you ever feel like that you have to live up to these big titles that you released in the past?</strong></p>
<p>BF: Well, I mean, yes and no. Look, on one hand, I've had recent success, <em>Line Rider</em> and <em>Fantastic Contraption</em>. So, it's not like I'm just focusing on those [previous accomplishments]. On one hand, I'll go on a press tour and I will talk with young guys on the blogs -- they've never heard of Interplay, forget <em>Baldur's Gate</em>. So, on one hand, I had to adjust. I was shipping games before these guys were born.</p>
<p>For those guys, there are no expectations. On the others, I don't know. There's certainly a "it better be good" kind of concept, but I just have to do what I think feels right. I look at the product, I have my own way of looking at things, my own sensibility of things that are important to me. I just keep applying them and hoping they line up with what people are wanting to see.</p>
<p>I think <em>Hunted: The Demon's Forge</em> definitely feels like something that I've been involved with. You'll feel my thumbprint on that game and it's going to have a lot of personality and a lot of depth. And at the same time, I'm recognizing it's the year 2011, so it's not about the feel like something that shipped in the mid-90s.</p>
<p>Some people beat on their own drums better than others, but I gave starts to Treyarch and BioWare and Blizzard and Black Isle. [My publicist] said we should probably get that out a little more at some point [laughs]. I don't really talk about that stuff, but I'm still in the frontlines doing things.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101148-brian-fargo-interview.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Sorry, dude, the BIO guys gave their own start. They just used you for publication and licenses then threw you in the trash with the rest of your ex company.

The fact you built up Interplay and then simply tossed it aside means you deserve nothing but derision.

You are repsonsible for unleashing FO3 and that FO MMO nonsense upon us all.

So fuck you.

P.S. How is that for gettingc redit for what you did? Ha.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
BF: Well, I mean, yes and no. Look, on one hand, I've had recent success, Line Rider and Fantastic Contraption.

No, you haven't, because I have never heard of these turds before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom