Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Epic Info Package

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Being an Elder Scrolls fansite it is our duty to provide a proper coverage for the best RPG of 2011/the decade/history, <strong>The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim</strong>. Here we go.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.dedicatedtogamers.co.uk/#/preview-elder-scrolls-v/4547342141" target="_blank">Dedicated to Gamers offer a preview.</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>The leveling has also been moved from a considerate 1- 45 to 1-50, although 50 is soft-capped, so to get any higher would require monumental dedication to training. Some good news: 'Mysticism' is gone(!), along with two other skills, although this is most likely to be an occurrence of the 'Blade' and 'Blunt' possibly having been combined and the 'Mercantile' skill being dropped. This leaves 18 skills, down from the 21 in Oblivion and much less then 27 from Morrowind.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Why, these are wonderful news. Please send an e-card to all your friends and spread the word.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/12/skyrim-secrets-of-the-wall.aspx" target="_blank">Gameinformer examines</a> the <em>secrets of the wall</em>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The zoomed-in glimpses you see within the trailer are more than they may first appear to be. The carved images are part of Alduin's Wall, named after the powerful dragon that serves as Skyrim's central antagonist.&nbsp; Alduin's Wall is an actual structure within the game world of Skyrim, and it plays a key part in the story of the game. It depicts a prophecy heralding the return Alduin to the world of the Elder Scrolls, as well as the history of the dragons and their interaction with humanity. Each section of the wall tells a different part of the story, and we'll explain every area in detail. Each of the previous games in the Elder Scrolls series play a part in the prophecy.&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<p>NowGamer are telling us <a href="http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1174/15-things-you-must-know-about-elder-scrolls-v" target="_blank">15 things we absolutely have to know</a> about Skyrim.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Dual-wielding in combat</strong><br /> Combat has been given a massive overhaul. For example, a bigger emphasis will be placed on dual-wielding in combat &ndash; you will be able to equip whatever you want in either hand. Fancy swinging two maces around instead of simply combining one with a shield? That&rsquo;s fine. Want to cast two of the same spells at the same time? Now you&rsquo;re talking! Now, with dual-wield, you will be able to fully-realise the character that you want to be, and play in the way that you prefer. It also means that those lefties will never be disregarded again.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>But can you dual-wield katanas?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>And for those interested in all things Elder Scrolls, here's another fansite which gathers a lot of tidbits, <a href="http://www.thedragonborn.com/" target="_blank">The Dragonborn</a>. Consider relocating.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Andhaira

Arcane
I'm excited to hear about dual weilding, but being able to dual weild spells sounds pretty stupid.

baronjohn

Cipher
This is still too complicated. I demand there only be a Win skill, with a "[Win 50] Win game" skill check. You level the Win skill by pressing A repeatedly or buying exclusive preorder DLC which already ships the game with the Win skill at 50.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh well, I will probably download mods, buy it, wait a year, then play it.
Or wait a year, buy it, play it and then download mods.
Wait...

torpid

Liturgist
It's "good news" that they've dropped a few more skills? I wonder if the journalist is dumb enough to actually believe that or if he's just professionally committed to putting a positive spin on every single piece of information about the game.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
Hey I have an idea, they should leave just three skills: melee, magic and archery. Is this a great idea or the best one?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Wow i will be able to freeze one's ass and simultaneously melt it with my mighty fireball.
Or i could cast a sleep spell and then throw a poisoned dagger, if i chose to play stealthily.
The possibilities are endless.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Thank god for these sites who translate the gameinformer preview into words I can understand. :roll:

I'm still waiting for a professional voice over'd version. I don't do reading.

Skyrim developer meeting:

Todd: Guyz how can we improve Oblivion, i mean its already perfect, right?
BethMinionA: Yes, yes it is. We can't Todd. Let's just make a complete new game.
Todd: That's right. So what should we add in the new game?
BethMinionA: Sabertootht tigerz, mamooths oh GOD ITZ HEAVAN.
BethMinionB: Dragons bro, you gotta put dragons in tha game maaan! Plus Dragon Age had them, too!
BethMinionC: BROS DONT FORGET DUALWIELDING BROS!
BethminionB: Ya man dualwielding is da shit bro, in Call of Booty yuo can unlock dualwielding two double glocks bro and them i go liek BAM BAM BENG BRO. Imagine Skyrimjobs got dat shit iiiin.
Todd: *takes notes*
Todd: Morrowind had 27 skills, Oblivion - thanks to our brilliant game designers only 21, do you guys can we improve the skillset even further?
BethMinionC: BRO WHY DONT WE JUST REMOVE ALL SKILLS BRO
BethMinionA: But bro if we remove all skillz we can't dumb it down any further.
BethMinionB: Ok look liek why don't we just remove liek 3 skillz every new gaaem we maek.
Todd: Ye.. i like that one. *takes notes*

Any bets on which other skills are being dropped?

My guess is Mercantile/Speechcraft (both completely useless unless you powerlevel lol), and/or merged light armor/heavy armor.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
NICE JOB BROS THIS FUCK SITE JUST TRIPS ALL OVER THEMSLEVCLES TO SUCK ON EVERY FDEVELOPERS COCK YOULL KEEP LOVING THIS GAME UNTIL FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT

Silellak

Cipher
Grunker said:
This leaves 18 skills, down from the 21 in Oblivion

They have done the impossible. They have dumbed down Oblivion.
Arcania-a-gothic-tale.jpg

BLOBERT said:
NICE JOB BROS THIS FUCK SITE JUST TRIPS ALL OVER THEMSLEVCLES TO SUCK ON EVERY FDEVELOPERS COCK YOULL KEEP LOVING THIS GAME UNTIL FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT
Blobert's rants aren't the same without his avatar :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom