Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NMA's big to-do about nothing posted as advertised

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games

...and with all that hype, it's just an <A href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=9564">interview</a> with <b>Leon Boyarsky</b> about the 3D engine that <A href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> made as a tech demo for that post apocalyptic game we may never see. So, here's a clip to show you TEH HYPE IN ACSHUN:
<br>

<br>
<blockquote><b>8) This new engine is a 3D one, what kind of zoom levels, rotations with the camera can we expect?
<br>

<br>
Leon Boyarsky:</b> As I said above, we can pretty much do anything with the camera that we feel like with this engine, but our plan for our hypothetical Post Apocalyptic RPG was to lock the camera angle but allow you to zoom in and out and rotate the camera 360 degrees.</blockquote>
<br>

<br>
So, yeah. Ummm.. Golly.
<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, it's a neat interview, but it's not a wacky big surprise. I mean, nothing new has actually happened concerning anything discussed in the interview. No offense, Odin, because there are interesting things in there, but it just looks like Teatime's sloppy seconds.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Okay, that "surprise" was a kind of lame thing. Sure it's interesting to read about Leon, but none the less it's nothing you'd call "OMG! THE BIGGEST HAPPENING ON THE INTERNET!" Pff... :roll:

Odin

Novice
Like I previously said and posted "little surprise", and again I didn't hype it all around only on NMA. So don't point the finger at me, announced surprises usually end up being a let down anyways.
The whole idea behind the post at NMA was to give people a heads up..

Besides, you don't wanna read it or view the image, well then stay away..

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What? All I did was say that there was going to be a surprise, that's all. I didn't say it was going to be the second coming of Christ.

Oh yeah, I also think that it's very safe to say that Saint's pretty much lost all interest with Troika at this point. The rest of you probably should, too.

Pertaining to the interview: because the camera allows for 360 degree rotation, it's revolutionary! Get it? HA HA.

Odin

Novice
Rex isn't to blame for this, he just posted a newbit. You're the ones who got all excited, next time I'll just shut up..

Neither myself or Rex posted HUGEASS UBER SURPRISE ON NMA...so get real..

Whipporowill

Erudite
Rex certainly shouldn't have posted it as news, and I really don't care if you did or not Odin. And Rex also reinforced the hype a bit:

Trust me, you'll like it.

Oh trust me, you'll all like it when it's unleashed.

Let's all eagerly anticipate the surprise, instead.

That's a whole buttload of hype, isn't it?

While it's an article that interested me, that sort of took away the joy of reading it.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Hey, that interview was great!

Leon is awesome!

I liked what I heard.

Can we burn Rex at the stake now?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Never do this again because its pretty fucking lame. What did you guys expect when you say "LOL I GOT SURPRISE BUT CANT TELL"? You think we need a heads up since this interview is real fucking big time? Your a bunch of fucking idiots.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Actually I enjoyed the interview. Still, the hype was like VanBuren engine to be released, but still, I ennjoyed what I heard.

Meanwhile, I hated what I saw. I saw a mecha. I mean, that ugly unnecessary piece of metal that was constructed to be "giant robot". Well, it sucks. I can allmost certainly say that in the future [and nowadays too] there will be no need for antropomorph - I mean - human-like full-size robots. That is fucking lame. Err...it is gay. It is like LARPing. Did I made myself clear? [I tried to use your own terms.] Its something you can put into anime, but not into post-apocaliptic/serious setting. Why that freaky, fucking silly gay idea about mechas is so fascinating? Why so many sick people love such useless and stupid machines? Its helluva waste of energy, metal and its completely useless because you can build ten times smaller machine that could do most of the functions required. It reminds me of MATRIX 3, when machines breached into "port". For Gods sake - why they had to have those fighting robots? Jesus, that was so totally lame...phew..anyways, I was very upset having seen that robot in the picture.

The rest of pic I liked. I can now tell that it is not our universe but parallel time-line, I bet its Arcanum after 200 years.

Anyways, thnx for info, hype and interview.

Surlent

Liturgist
Well Rex, it's just that they don't have a publisher and that mean funding might be somewhat lacking too.

Good interview though, guess Teatime will be jealous since Lenny didn't give him anymore sweets.

4 projects in planning is good news. I hope Timmy and Lenny are dancing round and eating cholate, oh yea, and get publishers.

EDIT: btw, the new screenshot makes okay wallpaper even in 1280x1024 reso.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
And hope that their games aren't watered down or suck. TOEE lacked a cohesive storyline. Arcanum lacked cohesive gameplay. Let's hope they don't intend on keeping up with their track record.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom