Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Gamespot reveals Bloodlines soundtrack and movie

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com" target=_blank>Gamespot</a>'s Activision "sources" passed on a new video featuring several characters (Jeanette - from the recent box cover, seems to be remodeled if I'm not misstaken) you'll meet during the game as well as a <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/01/news_6109476.html" target=_blank>list of songs</a> to be featured in Troika's upcoming Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines:<blockquote>The complete lineup of songs for the game will include:
<br>
<br>
Aerial – Pound
<br>
Chiasm – Isolated
<br>
Daniel Ash – Come Alive
<br>
Darling Violetta – Smaller God
<br>
Die My Darling – Needles Eye
<br>
Genitortures – Lecher Bitch
<br>
Lacuna Coil – Swamped
<br>
Ministry – Bloodlines
<br>
Tiamat – Cain
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
All in all, probably a rather fitting soundtrack to the World of Darkness, and several bands that I actually heard of (can anyone spell big budget?) - not even liking this kind of music. Worth noting is also that the game seems to have been rated 'M', and is no longer pending. Phew!

Shevek

Arcane
Ministry is cool. 'Effigy,' 'Everyday is Halloween,' 'All Day,' and 'Work for Love' are some tracks I can name from em that I really like. Its nice to see a Troika title getting the kind of financial backing needed to get these guys.

Surlent

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
(can anyone spell big budget?)
Depends how many of those songs were done for the game. They could just burn songs from their CD collection. :?
That's 9 songs for the whole game, dunno how much that is compared to the game length but I guess it doesn't matter if they don't get too repeative.

from the article said:
The above mentioned track from Ministry was composed and recorded exclusively for the game, which is currently due to retail this fall.
Gamespot mentions only Ministry's song is made specifically for the game. Well most of them are commercial bands owned by record companies so I guess getting even one song made for the game must not have been easy or cheap.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Holy shit.

Of the bands I've heard of listed, Darling Violetta is the band that does the 'Angel' series theme song, and Lacuna Coil is a pretty well known gothic modern rock band.

I don't think that the songs are going to be played on loop as Surlent might assume, though. I'm quite certain that the game will have its own ambient overture while the soundtrack might be heard in places like night clubs, the main menu, credits, cutscenes and the like, similar to how movies do it.

Of all the bands, I think Ministry is the most well known.

Kortalh

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Lacuna Coil is a pretty well known gothic modern rock band.

Well known for having big boobs and small talent. :wink:

All in all, as a fan of metal and gothic/industrial music, I'm quite pleased with the list. Most impressive, to me, is Daniel Ash. Along with Siouxie and the Banshees, Daniel Ash's ex-band Bauhaus is credited as being the father of Gothic music. He was also involved with the band Love and Rockets, which I'm sure just about everyone here remembers for their most famous song from the late 80s, "So Alive".

This poses an interesting question, though... is this the beginning of a new trend for videogames? (Sure, bands have done a track or two for games in the past, but I don't remember a full soundtrack other than GTA) And if so, will there be CD releases for videogame soundtracks as there currently are for movies?

z3r'0'

Liturgist
Lacuna Coil is one of the best modern bands around.
Plus their vocalist Cristina is fuckin' HOT *drool*

Ministry kicks ass as well. Hmm.. I wonder if the song "Bloodlines"
will have a more heavy, noisy sound or be a more ambient track.

They should have gotten 'H.I.M' to do a song.
Or 'Cradle of Filth' :twisted:, they fit the Vampire-Goth stuff better. Still this is very very cool.

If the broader media picks up on this...it should garner even more sales. And anything that helps Troika become successful is good.

I predict that Vampire:Bloodlines will be a hit.

Whipporowill

Erudite
As has been said, I don't think the songs are featured on a loop - so you should be safe Spaz. Probably just featured in intro, possible cutscenes and locations - such as the strip bar. Otherwise just the amibent music we've heard in the gameplay movies.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Lacuna coil sucks. Cristina Scabbia's vocals sound like frog croaking and are poorly mixed in. And then there's the utterly annoying male vocalist. But swamped is still fairly catchy. Never heard of the other bands listed.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Kortalh said:
Exitium said:
Lacuna Coil is a pretty well known gothic modern rock band.

Well known for having big boobs and small talent. :wink:

Say what you will about Lacuna Coil, but their Cristina is pretty freaking hot.

I do like Darling Violetta, though. They do some pretty nice music.

plin

Liturgist
I have a little off-topic vampire question for some of you who know the lore. Is Caine still alive in present times of the WOD setting? If so, what does he do, and what is he up to? And if not, how did he die?

Thanks.

p.s. The lacuna coil singer is fucking hot. She had a pic in maxim recently too I think.

edit:
cristina_scabbia_l1.jpg

plin

Liturgist
heh, because Maxim (or stuff, whatever, they suck all the same to me) airbrushes everything to shit (even when they don't need to). She doesn't look like a plastic doll in person, obviously.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If the broader media picks up on this...it should garner even more sales. And anything that helps Troika become successful is good.

I predict that Vampire:Bloodlines will be a hit."

No. If Vampire is a hit; it won't be because of its music. What a silly goose.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That's what I don't like about Maxim and Stuff. They ruin a lot of pictures by airbrushing them. There's many girls who appear in those magazines that just don't need the Photoshop treatment and look so much better without it. Cristina, for example. Just take a look at her other pictures (that aren't from those two rags).

As for Bloodlines, it'll have to be a hit on its own merit and it certainly won't be because of the music. If it sucks, no amount of good music or Cristina Scabbia will save it.

plin

Liturgist
plin said:
I have a little off-topic vampire question for some of you who know the lore. Is Caine still alive in present times of the WOD setting? If so, what does he do, and what is he up to? And if not, how did he die?

Thanks.

anyone?

space captain

Liturgist
U. S. of Fuckin' A. ...and dont forget it or we'l
I wonder if the track "Die My Darling" is a cover of the old Misfits song...

i like the fact that Troika went for the real deal on the soundtrack tho... those bands are all respectibly non-mainstream

its also interesting that they got Ministry to do a track specifically for them... thats pretty impressive considering how big Al Jorgensen is... he was one of the founders of industrial music

"thieves!!! thieves and liars!!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom