Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Vampire Warcry gets some Bloodlines answers

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

In an <a href="http://vampyre.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_news.phtml?site=69&id=30691" target=_blank>interview</a> with Troika's own "fount of knowledge" - Leonard Boyarsky, <a href="http://vampyre.warcry.com" target=_blank>Vampire Warcry</a> gets the chance to ask the <i>really</i> important questions we all have been dying to find out about. Here's one for instance:<blockquote>WarCry: Will Dual Wield be available in VTMB?
<br>
<br>
Leonard Boyarsky: Unfortunately the answer is no, Dual Wield will not be available in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. However, we’ve got a great many other features in the game to keep fans satisfied.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Unintenional comedy is always the best! Considering it's the first question the interviewer puts forth, it must be an issue close to his heart and one <i>really</i> integral to roleplaying a vampire, eh? Although, admittedly, the question on female gamers, brings up a pretty interesting point.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
WarCry: Have you ever bitten someone you loved?

Leonard Boyarsky: Not that I care to comment on…

He looks like a biter to me...

leon.jpg

What do you guys think?

Surlent

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
gets the chance to ask the <i>really</i> important questions we all have been dying to find out about.
Is that sarcasm over there I see ? :?

4too

Arcane
Doomed To Repeat The Past

Doomed To Repeat The Past

W.:
... Considering it's the first question the interviewer puts forth, it must be an issue close to his heart and one really integral to roleplaying a vampire, eh? ...

Duel wielding, an ambidextrous obsession, a need to feed a ranger / ninja fixation. forever consuming the "empty" calories of junk-food gameplay that titillates and rarely
consummates.

Hey, and sometimes a sword, .. or two, is only a sword, ... or two.

So, I suggest that the interviewer is only comfortable playing the same type of game over and over. Repetitive activity is warm and fuzzy, and a self medicated pacifier for some mind sets, no matter how many pixal critters are splattered for "points".

In my eyes, the present game market seems stilted to exploit SAMENESS. These NEW games seem to conform to a target body of expectations, that will at least do lip service, or include a useless laundry list of features with such "solid" sellers as "duel wielding".

4too

Sol Invictus

Erudite
4too brings up a good point, so don't belittle him for it. All these idiot interviewers care to ask about is whether the game will feature fucking dual katanas or akimbo barettas, or something similarly banal.

plin

Liturgist
I wasn't belittling him for his point. It's just the way he is always pretentious.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
All these idiot interviewers care to ask about is whether the game will feature fucking dual katanas or akimbo barettas, or something similarly banal.

You're right. No dual wielding sniper rifles, those rox0rz!

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, it's fucking impossible to change a fucked up topic for news, at least in the thread it generates - as the thread doesn't allow html. I hoped noone would notice, and changed the news topic when posting it... so forget you saw it.

almondblight

Arcane
"If Vampire were a tree, what kind of tree would it be?"

Damn, it's gotta be one of the worst interviews I've read. Did he just pull the questions outa his ass or something? At least it was different.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What the fuck. I just read the interview and the early questions are clearly the worst things I've ever read in any interview. Desert Eagle? WTF.

They could have asked more meaningful questions instead of random bullshit.

Surlent

Liturgist
Leonard might feel sad too, wanting to hype some of Troika's new game and all you get
is "does it have dual wield" and "have you bitten someone" type questions.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If it makes Lenny feel any better, Near Dark has held up pretty damn well, tho it might mostly be because it has Lance Henrickson, and the concept still seems fresh.

Deux Ex Machina transfusion stuff sucks tho :P

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
Desert Eagle? WTF

Actually for Vampirephiles this may be important, as in the PnP version, only a person with a strength/potence combination of 4 or greater can wield a Desert Eagle .50 one handed, so you're wimpy tremere magician gets thrown on his ass by his handgun, while the brujah biker wields them handcannons akimbo like they were water pistols.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom