Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>bit-tech <a href="http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/12/21/the-witcher-2-interview/1" target="_blank">provide an interview</a> with CDProjekt's senior producer Tomasz Gop, topics include DRM, DLC and <strong>The Witcher 2</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>BG:</strong> <em>Are you working on changing the existing characters at all? We noticed that Geralt has been tweaked and changed visually since the game was announced.</em><br /> <br /> <strong>Tomek:</strong> That&rsquo;s plain progress. With the new engine, new graphics and, most importantly, the brand new chapter of the storyline, we just wanted to redesign things. You can expect that anyone you knew from The Witcher will get a new, fresher look. <br /> <br /> After all, people change their clothes, shave/grow hair, get fat even &ndash; that all might happen within months and years. There&rsquo;s time to account for all of that in our new story.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Got fat? Hopefully not Triss, right? Right?</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100826-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-interview.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Rhalle

Magister
From what I've seen of the videos, Triss gets younger.

I found it charming and interesting that, in W1, Triss was in her thirties.

Ladonna

Arcane
Rhalle said:
From what I've seen of the videos, Triss gets younger.

They can change their appearance with magic pretty easily in the books, so that provides a convenient cover to throw out there.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Rhalle said:

Actually she might've been in her eighties. In the books female wizards use all kinds of magical potions and spells to make them live longer and look better.

Lyesmith

Liturgist
From what I remember, mages just stop process of ageing at preferable moment. That’s why women are usually in their twenties, for beauty, and men in their forties, for noble and wise presence.

It’s rather matter of aesthetics than logic, as being thirties and looking twenties doesn’t really require magic.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
TW2_Greetings_12_2010.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
Happy Kwanzaa? :lol: Ain't no black people playing Twitcher!

Also, I love settings that can quickly use magic to explain away things. Why do the females all have bigger tits? Why, magic of course!!

Jim Cojones

Prophet
phelot said:
Also, I love settings that can quickly use magic to explain away things. Why do the females all have bigger tits? Why, magic of course!!
Well, actually in The Witcher books the sorceresses aren't supposed to be perfect beauties. Magical training costs a lot so the only ones who can afford it are on the top of social pyramid. They generally tend to use their daughters to form political marriages but if finding a good husband seems to be a difficult task (f.e. because the girl is rather hideous), sending her to a magic school is a good alternative. Later, magic helps to hide natural ugliness and on the first sight sorceresses may look really good but some unattractive features are still there.

And Triss is a war veteran who was the only one to survive a huge fight between several magicians. As a hero whose actions had a critical part in winning a very important battle, she got amazing treatment but she still have some scars and is known for wearing clothes that hide most of her body.

Naturally, the game ignores all of this in favour of showing boobs. :D

Karmapowered

Augur
One day, CDProjekt may sell out find the path leading to exaltation too, like others before :

• Dragon Age 2
    Skyrim
    Jagged Alliance 3
Till then, no reason for me not to support them.

:salute:

Codexlurker

Savant
phelot said:
Happy Kwanzaa? :lol: Ain't no black people playing Twitcher!

Yep, I'm pretty much the only black dude on Earth who has played Twitcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom