Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Taking the shipping experience to the X-TREME

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
<strong>[ Review ]</strong>

<p>Every once in a while, we get a game that stands above all othes in its genre. Today, that game is Ship Simulator EXTREMES and <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">we give it a whirl</a> :</p><blockquote><p>I click next and get presented with the weather screen. Our options here are pretty intense. You can choose from a number of presets like "Clear Sky" (STALKER lol) or "Windy". Because I'm pretty intense, I decide to forgo the preselects and go with a custom setup. </p><p>I make the temperature a freezing -20 and set precipitation to its maximum right hand value: Hail.</p><p>Because this is X-TREME, we ramp it up with FOG as well.</p><p>And WIND.</p><p>Clouds I decided to leave on Nimbostratus, with middle clouds off and high clouds set to Cirrocumulus. Yeah, have you ever gone boating with Cirrocumulus high clouds? No. No I bet you haven't.</p><p>We were going to ship all right. We were going to ship in the X-TREMES.</p></blockquote><p><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">Read what is perhaps</a> one of the most intense gaming experiences I have ever had in my entire gaming career. </p><br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">Taking the shipping experience to the X-TREME</a>

Fens

Ford of the Llies
was trying to hit the golden gate bridge with a tanker in one of the earlier ship simulator versions... had a similar experience... no explosions, no destruction, no superman trying to stop me

i went back to flight sims for terrorist training purposes

Norfleet

I love how enthusiastic this review is for what is very clearly a terrible game. The end was the best.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Norfleet said:
I love how enthusiastic this review is for what is very clearly a terrible game. The end was the best.

Yes, very clearly, very terrible...

Also, the "review" is not getting funnier if you read XTERME 5 million times.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
<strong>[ Review ]</strong><br /><br /><p>Every once in a while, we get a game that stands above all othes in its genre. Today, that game is Ship Simulator EXTREMES and <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">we give it a whirl</a> :</p><blockquote><p>I click next and get presented with the weather screen. Our options here are pretty intense. You can choose from a number of presets like "Clear Sky" (STALKER lol) or "Windy". Because I'm pretty intense, I decide to forgo the preselects and go with a custom setup. </p><p>I make the temperature a freezing -20 and set precipitation to its maximum right hand value: Hail.</p><p>Because this is X-TREME, we ramp it up with FOG as well.</p><p>And WIND.</p><p>Clouds I decided to leave on Nimbostratus, with middle clouds off and high clouds set to Cirrocumulus. Yeah, have you ever gone boating with Cirrocumulus high clouds? No. No I bet you haven't.</p><p>We were going to ship all right. We were going to ship in the X-TREMES.</p></blockquote><p><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">Read what is perhaps</a> one of the most intense gaming experiences I have ever had in my entire gaming career. </p><br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=67">Taking the shipping experience to the X-TREME</a>

"While poking around looking for some space game we were supposed to have (which I was hoping would be a decent open-world, trading, combat, upgrading 4x but would probably end up being the lame-o crap that space games usually are these days instead)"

What's this "4x space game" you were supposed to have?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I see the herp derp decline has finally hit TC head on. Let us make fun of quirky niche simulators and lament the abscence of explosions to keep our feeble little minds occupied.

:decline:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Orgasm said:
Also, the "review" is not getting funnier if you read XTERME 5 million times.
If you have an issue with me mentioning the name of a game in a review about that game, take it up with the creators of the game.

dbx said:
DarkUnderlord said:
"While poking around looking for some space game we were supposed to have (which I was hoping would be a decent open-world, trading, combat, upgrading 4x but would probably end up being the lame-o crap that space games usually are these days instead)"

What's this "4x space game" you were supposed to have?
Star Ruler.

Phelot

Arcane
Can you play as one of those sinking Somali ferries that kill hundreds?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Why is DU working on it? He has Infinitron to fix it. DU should go back to hookers and blow. Otherwise they'll be out of their jobs. :(

kris

Arcane
Interesting I missed this before. Probably didn't post anything at all at that time. I do after all work with this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom