Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fun Facts About Mass Effect 2

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

<p>Read some <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-2-player-choice-statistics-are-surprising-188362.phtml" target="_blank">funny statistics</a> concerning the player behaviour in <strong>Mass Effect 2</strong> over at Destructoid.</p>
<ul>
<li>83% of players created their own face for Shepard</li>
<li>82% play as male Shepard, 18% as female Shepard</li>
<li>The Soldier class is far and away the most popular class at 65%</li>
<li>[Archangel] was among the most popular squad members selected for missions</li>
<li>10% of players never let [The Krogan] out of [his/her thing]</li>
<li>Only 50% of players have fully upgraded the [Ship] by the end of the game</li>
<li>14% of squad members die in the end-game, on average</li>
<li>36% of players chose the [Renegade choice] in the end-game</li>
</ul>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100557-mass-effect-2-player-statistics.html">GB</a></p>

Drakron

Arcane
* Only 50% of players have fully upgraded the <Ship> by the end of the game

Does the Medical Bay counts? because 50% of id ... that does sound about right.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only data that we get are in terms of events -- little things that happen in the game," explained Hudson. "Let's say if we want to know whether players skip lines of dialogue, we can have that become a little event that gets sent up. It's all completely anonymous, so all we get is raw numbers for how many times these kinds of events occur. Then we can start getting ratios and comparing proportions and things like that. It becomes this mass of numbers, and then we have to try to figure out how we would interpret that.

Biofags dont like to read so they are putting emotes instead of sentences?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
82% play as male Shepard, 18% as female Shepard
What the fuck is wrong with those people? Having a choice between looking at a female ass and a male ass through the game they pick the male one? People who bought this game are way too gay.

UserNamer

Cipher
WhiskeyWolf said:
What the fuck is wrong with those people? Having a choice between looking at a female ass and a male ass through the game they pick the male one? People who bought this game are way too gay.

have you considered that straight people do not look at the ass of the male protagonist?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I suppose some look at the broad shoulders.

Personally, I'm proud to say I'm one of those who prefer a nice, well-toned female butt with good voice acting.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
UserNamer said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

have you considered that straight people do not look at the ass of the male protagonist?
Yes, your point is?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Might want to copy-paste again indeed, VoD, seems the post took out the spoiler-covered notes.

Andyman Messiah said:
Wasn't this posted ages ago already?

Had you clicked the link in the newspost you'd note these stats are new and more detailed compared to the IGN stats that the article also refers to.

You're on a roll, aren't you?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Brother None said:
Might want to copy-paste again indeed, VoD, seems the post took out the spoiler-covered notes.

Andyman Messiah said:
Wasn't this posted ages ago already?

Had you clicked the link in the newspost you'd note these stats are new and more detailed compared to the IGN stats that the article also refers to.

You're on a roll, aren't you?
I actually never click links or read newsposts. Especially not news about useless statistics. The first time was remotely interesting as a "hey, Bio is keeping tabs on us" thing but this time? S to the h to the rug. Yeeeahh!

Also, how am I supposed to know these stats are new? I don't remember the old newspost. 69% had Shepard lose his virginity in ME2. Meh.

Misterhamper

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:

Aliens and spacetravel is far more realistic than a very very strong woman. My suspension of disbelief just can't handle a very strong woman as a protagonist.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Andyman Messiah said:
Personally, I'm proud to say I'm one of those who prefer a nice, well-toned female butt with good voice acting.
I couldn't care less whether I'm looking at a male or female butt (seriously guys, are we discussing which is better and why when BOTH are a fucking BUNCH OF POLYGONS? Andhaira would be proud) but I will definitely pick the female with good voice acting over the male with the horrible, horrible one.

Oaken

Novice
Most people prefer to play as their own gender.

And you do know that mainstream gamers know nothing about quality.

Felix

Arcane
The face of people who are male but play as female in games:
forever_alone_postcard-p239558545980330826trdg_400.jpg

because they fail to get girls's asses IRL

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Fuck you all male shep is where its at, he sounds like an ambitious fast food manager or something, so fucking graet I can't handle myself

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dicksmoker said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
renegade choice, can't you read?
Can't you copy-paste correctly?

FFS VoD! Lern to copy and paste!

here is the complete copy and Paste:

* 83% of players created their own face for Shepard
* 82% play as male Shepard, 18% as female Shepard
* The Soldier class is far and away the most popular class at 65%
* <Archangel> was among the most popular squad members selected for missions
* 10% of players never let <The Krogan> out of <his/her thing>
* Only 50% of players have fully upgraded the <Ship> by the end of the game
* 14% of squad members die in the end-game, on average
* 36% of players chose the <Renegade choice> in the end-game

peanuts

Novice
lol, all my squad members died except 2

did it on purpose because besides wrex and the garrus guy or whatever they were all fucking annoying

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom