Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Site back up

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: RPG Codex

We're back. Some stuff probably isn't working yet. Post any brand-new bugs you see in the comments thread.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Isn't Role-Player's reply supposed to be at the bottom as the last current post?

Edit: I see, something is fucked up. Cool.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've noticed two bugs. First, a post I made here vanished after I refreshed. Second, in the "Demise Re-Release" thread, my comment appeared above Saint's newspost.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Isn't Role-Player's reply supposed to be at the bottom as the last current post?

Edit: I see, something is fucked up. Cool.

The voodoo mon, it be playin' wit our heads.

Seriously that is screwed. I see my post, then Vault Dweller's, than Elwro's, but mine wasn't the first message. And I see in the message list that Elwro was the last one to post here, yet, his message is the third and Exitium's message is actually the last.

STOP FLIPPING THE TIME SPACE CONTINUUM BUTTON!!!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
And its true - Elwro's message does appear to be the first in Saint's thread about Dungeon Master 3D.

EDIT: Marking messages on the board as being read does not mark them at all.

Reklar

Liturgist
The boojum is in your machine, man! :shock: It's putting posts all over the place and it's eerie.

It's great to have the Codex back. I was suffering withdrawl yesterday and had to use DaC as a substitute. Unfortunately it just doesn't have the same panache as the Codex.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

(Note: Boojum is a word pulled from the Jeffrey Carver novel "Strange Attractors" from his Chaos Chronicles series.)

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
You have to wait 2 hours before you can post again though haha

*EDIT: I posted this AFTER Exitium's post that starts with "Hooray" why was it put in the middle of the page? The forums are broked.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I am going to have to delete all of the posts dated September 9th or any of you who posted on that date won't be able to post anything until after tomorrow.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
Some topics just refuse to be marked as read.

Yes. I have two topics which are being counted as not read, despite my attempts:

>Omega Syndrome upped to 1.92B

>Trolls and Treasures project hits 0.60alpha

Spazmo

Erudite
Cookies seem to be a bit borked, and is anyone else having trouble with the mailserver?

HELP ME CALIS!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Mailserver's fine. You just don't have an account. I made one for myself and Whip, Saint and Calis seem to have theirs. Just message Calis (or me in IRC) with your password and I'll have it set up.

Some cookies refuse to be marked because the news posts (or threads) were made in that short period of time when the gigaflux failsafe controlling the server's stability in the space time continuum failed and sent us forward in time by 12 hours. It's since been repaired, but posts made during that period will be trapped in the quantum rip until they are realigned with terminal reality.

If you made posts during that period, you may find yourself unable to post until that time is passed. I have discovered that deleting posts made in that period allows the user to restabilize himself with the current chronological relativistic state. I won't delete Saint's posts, however, as he'd have to repost them all over again and that would be a bigger pain in the perennial discharge core than simply waiting.

Spazmo

Erudite
Cookies seem to have sorted themselves out, actually. If the post date stuff is fine too, looks like we're back on track.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Exitium said:
I am going to have to delete all of the posts dated September 9th or any of you who posted on that date won't be able to post anything until after tomorrow.

Which, BTW, did nothing. It doesn't store the date for the flood interval in the last message you posted, it would either store them in the cookie or in your account info.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Nothing but blue skies do I see.

I could not log to this site for a long time, even today. It kept taking me to this User Admin welcome screen....

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, this has to be one of the most annoying upgrades in history. Right now, they're trying to figure out if the server's harddrive filesystem is corrupted. It's pretty annoying. Talutain's pretty pissed off about it as well, considering he had to pay the hosting service he uses to do this upgrade, and they seem to have completely botched the process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom