Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Vault Finally Paid Off: Much Potato To Be Had

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>All the years of hard work finally lead to massive traffic and the wealth that comes with it for The Vault.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/New_Vegas_players_spend_58_years_at_The_Vault" target="_blank">New Vegas players spend 58 years at The Vault.</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>When Fallout: New Vegas was released on October 19th, we figured we'd get some serious spikes in visitors to The Vault. But our jaws dropped when during release week, we saw traffic shoot up to 2.5 million visitors in one week - essentially 7 times the normal amount. More importantly:<br /><br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; * Over 1,200 pages on New Vegas were created<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; * 9,000 images uploaded<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; * 165 videos added<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; * 4,000 links shared<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; * Reached a total of 10,500 pages <br /><br />Over 475K man hours were spent reading and creating content about Fallout: New Vegas &ndash; the equivalent of 58 years!</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Thanks to Ausir, who's currently planning his vacation on the Seychelles, for pointing this out.</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've never understood this, but, how does increased traffic generate money for the owner of the site?

edit: please don't scorn me, I honestly don't know.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Someone should start a pure Fallout1 wikii without filth like references to Fallout 3 and Fallout Tictacs in articles :obviously: .

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Too bad the vault is still a giant clusterfuck of shit that isn't helpful. I wanted to check about some stats and how they were affected and it wasn't there. Ausir got too cocky it's only a matter of time he is back to sucking dicks on the block.

made

Arcane
Makes sense. Every time I googled a broken quest I ended up visiting the vault.

Secretninja

Cipher
What is this i don;t even.

Anyone I meet irl i will ive many potato

you don't even know what potato I can access.

I knew Ausirs persistence would pay off one day.
I'm not surprised if he receives a generous offer by the types of IGN/Gamespot.

Bakemore

Novice
VentilatorOfDoom said:
<br />Over 475K man hours were spent reading and creating content about Fallout: New Vegas – the equivalent of 58 years!</p>
</blockquote>

Wow, that's some great use of time.

Ausir

Arcane
Blackadder said:
I wonder if Briosafreak has somehow leaped onto the train this time. Is he still turning tricks for Bethesda?

Briosafreak is still at GameSpy's Planet Fallout.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ausir said:
Blackadder said:
I wonder if Briosafreak has somehow leaped onto the train this time. Is he still turning tricks for Bethesda?
Briosafreak is still at GameSpy's Bethesda's Planet Fallout.

Fixed.

Planet Fallout trying to create its own wiki was sorta funny. Nexus dominates Modding. The Vault dominates Wiki-info. Sucks for the rest of us running Fallout-related sites but as long as they're good services (and not Bethesda-run) who really cares where it's coming from?

The Vault rocks. Most importantly, it rocks on all Fallouts, not just Bethesda/Obsidian's takes.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
poocolator said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Someone should start a pure Fallout1 wikii without filth like references to Fallout 3 and Fallout Tictacs in articles :obviously: .
Erm... Tactics was infinitely better (for what it was) than Failout 3. New Vegas, however, remains in the air as far as I'm concerned.
UIt doesn't matter. It's impurity, impurity needs to be cleansed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom