Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News MCA Knows No Vacation

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=271508" target="_blank">CVG reports</a> that Obsidian's New Vegas team moved on to the next project already.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Senior designer Chris Avellone explained that most of the New Vegas team took it's holiday earlier this month, and now it's all "ramped up" for the next big thing.<br /><br />"Almost everyone who was on New Vegas was slated to move over to another project within a week or two after it went out, so they're all getting ramped up on other projects now," he said. "We're keeping them pretty busy."<br /><br />"We've been filling vacation requests from everyone so it's been building up for a while," he added. "We actually ended up doing a lot of that earlier this month and last month so everyone's coming back now and getting into the swing of things."</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16036">RPGWatch</a></p>

Nickless

Educated
I really hope this isn't for Dungeon Siege or something like that.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hopefully they are focusing on the Wheel of Time crpg now. It better be turnbased.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nickless said:
I really hope this isn't for Dungeon Siege or something like that.

Nah, that's been going on a while already. It really will be interesting to see what they are doing next though, we know it isn't a sequel to anything they did before. Should be something out of left field like Dungeon Siege 3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DalekFlay said:
Nah, that's been going on a while already. It really will be interesting to see what they are doing next though, we know it isn't a sequel to anything they did before. Should be something out of left field like Dungeon Siege 3.
I'm expecting more disappointment and bandwagoning: http://twitter.com/Feargus/status/12990935499

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
AndhairaX said:
Hopefully they are focusing on the Wheel of Time crpg now. It better be turnbased.

Bah. Dating sim would be the best way to implement WoT. If you must insist, you can implement a strategic/RPG layer on it.

Freelance Henchman said:
Fearthethghus Urquöergergop034öääö23r23 said:
Facebook, MMOs and Story Based RPGs - can they be connected?

A *Facebook* MMORPG? CONSIDER ME INTERESTED

The butthurt will be GLORIOUS!

VentilatorOfDoom said:
"We've been filling vacation requests from everyone so it's been building up for a while," he added. "We actually ended up doing a lot of that earlier this month and last month so everyone's coming back now and getting into the swing of things."

Ahhh....so THAT'S what they call the 'bugtesting' cycle at Obsidian. Vacation week:)

Project: Eternity
Blackadder said:
Freelance Henchman said:

Ah, the real Obsidian games can now emerge.

What the fuck does he even mean? An MMORPG played *on* Facebook as the platform? A MMORPG where you play as promiscuous college kids and friend/unfriend people and increase your SEX0rz skills? wtf i dont even

Freelance Henchman said:
Blackadder said:
Freelance Henchman said:

Ah, the real Obsidian games can now emerge.

What the fuck does he even mean? An MMORPG played *on* Facebook as the platform? A MMORPG where you play as promiscuous college kids and friend/unfriend people and increase your SEX0rz skills? wtf i dont even

What he means is that Haba's prediction is correct: The better things go for Obsidian, the more retarded they are likely to become. Damn pity if this is the way things go, ever further into decline. I was hoping the fanboys might be correct for once.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MetalCraze said:
commie said:
Arcanum II

You mean even worse combat?

And camera too. Never underestimate Obshitian's capacity of delivering the most awkward cameras conceivable. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they made the whole game on the renowned NWN2 engine.

chzr

Scholar
Shannow said:
MicoSelva said:
commie said:
MetalCraze said:
commie said:
Arcanum II

I don't think that's possible. It could only be an incline as nowhere else to go.

Lionheart: Legacy of The Crusader.
You need to find a game with shittier TB and shittier RT combat than Arcanum.

actually, f3 and nv both have shittier RT and TB combat.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shannow said:
MicoSelva said:
commie said:
MetalCraze said:
commie said:
Arcanum II

I don't think that's possible. It could only be an incline as nowhere else to go.

Lionheart: Legacy of The Crusader.
You need to find a game with shittier TB and shittier RT combat than Arcanum.

Arcanum's TB was bad but not horrible. RT was an abomination, though.

hiver

And who is doing patches and fixes for NV?
Santa claus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom