Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bloodlines interview on GameBanshee

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Yet another <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/vampirebloodlines1.php" target=_blank>interview</a> with Troika's Leon Boyarsky, this time on <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com" target=_blank>GameBanshee</a>. Here's something I hadn't heard too much about before (warning, some minor item spoilage):
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>GB: How many different pieces of equipment will players be able to acquire/choose from in Bloodlines, and how important will gear be to the character? Will there be any unique or artifact items to be found in the game? If so, can you give us an example or two, along with their stats? </b>
<br>
<br>
Leonard: As far as equipment and item collecting go, this isn’t a game based around the finding of a lot of items or armor types (and neither is the PnP, really). It’s much more about the story and the character interaction (whether combat or social). You can get a total of four armors in the game, a ton of firearms and melee weapons, and some really cool Occult items as well. Here’s two examples of really cool Occult items you can get in the game:
<br>
<br>
The Odious Chalice
<br>
A Tzimisce-created abomination, this is a pathetic organ-like creature that you can feed from which never dies. The Odious Chalice continually refills with blood over time.
<br>
<br>
Saulocept
<br>
The Saulocept is actually the remains of some ancient, much larger item, and contains the souls of unknown beings. Every time you are awarded three or more experience, you gain one extra experience point when this is in your possession.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
The interview also has GameBanshee stating a Sept 1st ship date for HL2 (which is a rumour flying around the 'net). Guess we'll see about that one, won't we?

plin

Liturgist
It's not really much of a rumour. Online sellers have been plastering that date since their august 1st date estimate turned out to be false as well. Now online sellers are starting to one by one push the date back to november.

I'm guessing it will be out late september since it hasn't even gone gold yet, as far as we know (HL2).

edit: Though, it would be badass if it came out on the first of september.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah, that was what I was thinking too. A few weeks ago most retailers had it sure as early Sept and now it's often listed for Nov or even Dec in some cases - their must be some point to the HL2 Steam preload though, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered starting already... or?

Voss

Erudite
Maybe they're trying to compete with Duke Nukem

Whipporowill

Erudite
Hehe. Funny one, Voss. Well, I just watched some super-neato gameplay movies (one of the intro sequence for instance, arriving at City 17) that looked really great. Doom3, eat your heart out...

... oh, btw. Something makes me believe that this is actually a post-apoc game and that Freeman's been sleeping in a freezer for a couple of years. Interesting to say the least.

"Wake up Freeman and welcome to the ashes... "

errorcode

Liturgist
HL 2 looked kinda post-apoc when i watched the videos at E3. The town under attack has a very stalingrad during world war 2 look and the resistance folks running around were pretty cool to watch.

Majnun

Novice
Sure, I'm interested in Bloodlines, and there actually were a few (tiny) bits of new info in that interview.

But this is what got my attention:

As for the post apocalyptic screens that have surfaced, those were from a tech demo for another project we’ve been showing to publishers, which we’re keeping pretty quiet about right now.

Now maybe that was already common knowledge here, but it's the first time I've heard it. I was assuming it was something they were using as a tech demo for attempting to get funding to buy the Fallout 3 license. Looks like they're working on their own post-apoc setting instead. To me that's better news than if they WERE doing Fallout 3 since FO3 will NEVER live up to what the fans want/expect (even if the original team for Fallout did it).

Whipporowill

Erudite
Oh, so you missed that old rumour thingie Majnun? There are some concept art that quite clearly shows that it was a brand new IP (although some have opted for Gamma World), but rumour also had it that they pitched doing FO3 on the engine if any publisher get hold of the IP. The rest of the story we all know, I think?

Majnun

Novice
Ahh, yeah, I saw the screens and heard the Fallout speculation. Apparently I missed the other stuff. I guess I'll have to start reading more than the news posts here...

Gamma World just happens to be the one PnP game setting I want a cRPG in more than any other...so that would be fantastic.

Surlent

Liturgist
GB: First of all, how is development coming along on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines? Have you recently reached any milestones or ran into any unforseen obstacles?

Leonard: Development is coming along great. We're pushing full steam ahead towards beta and the game is really starting to come together.
Beta ?! Wasn't there talk that the game was finished months ago and they were only polishing and crushing bugs now till HL2 ships and they get to go as well ?

Voss

Erudite
As well he shouldn't. Bad camp has it's place, but only if its good bad camp, if you know what I mean.

Surlent- no. Well, there might have been talk, but if there was it was wrong.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Surlent said:
GB: First of all, how is development coming along on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines? Have you recently reached any milestones or ran into any unforseen obstacles?

Leonard: Development is coming along great. We're pushing full steam ahead towards beta and the game is really starting to come together.
Beta ?! Wasn't there talk that the game was finished months ago and they were only polishing and crushing bugs now till HL2 ships and they get to go as well ?

Well. Depens on how long they had to wait for the interview to go through. Our took about a month... also beta might mean external testing at Activision for instance. Dunno.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom