Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ToEE Available on GoG

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

<p>Temple of Elemental Evil is the best Troika Game.</p>
<ul>
<li>go to <strong>Good Old Games</strong> and buy this game <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_temple_of_elemental_evil?as=1649904300" target="_blank">using this link</a>, I have a Porsche to pay off after all</li>
<li>install the latest <a href="http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6695" target="_blank">Co8</a> too</li>
<li>play the game and realize its awesomeness</li>
<li>make a thread in GRPGD praising the game</li>
</ul>
<p><em>Thanks to Ausir.</em></p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
ToEE really isn't all that good. IWD is a lot more fun. But that off GoG instead if you have to buy something. Includes expansion and runs great on win7.

Andhaira

Arcane
Do NOT install the Co8 mod. It adds in cloud's sword. Avoid like the plague.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I bought the original, boxed, for two Euros, straight out from the bargain bin.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Dicksmoker said:
What's Co8?

Circle of Eight Mod for ToEE. We have two lps of it on the Codex.

Grab it (the NC -New Content version of it) bro and embrace the Glory.

nFn

Educated
TOEE with Co8 is almost as good as Arcanum , the best Troika Game.

nekkerbee

Novice
The bestest would be Arcanum with ToEE-style tactical combat. The world would drown in the Codexian spooge flood.

Exmit

Scholar
nekkerbee said:
The bestest would be Arcanum with ToEE-style tactical combat. The world would drown in the Codexian spooge flood.

in post apocalyptic world with mike morgans soundtracks

Mrowak

Arcane
waywardOne said:
so if i enjoy and still mod bg2, i should get this?

By all means, yes!. Though TOEE lack bg2's fast pace in combat it does more than make up for it with sheer variety of options and really interesting encounters.

I cannot stress enough how much this game improves with Co8 mod. Even on your first playthrough - install Co8 vanilla version to get rid of annoying bugs. Then once you finish it install Co8 New Content - it really really adds to gameplay.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
nekkerbee said:

We have this here, outside reality. AND IT IS GLORIOUS.

jiujitsu

Cipher
I hated ToEE. I believe I reviewed it long ago on these forums and concluded that it was a "buggy piece of shit." Oh well.

CraigCWB

Educated
Archibald said:
ToEE good old game? I`m probably getting too old for this shit.

Yeah, it's not that old and it's not that good. I set the box out on the shelf over my PC to remind myself to replay it about a year ago. It's still sitting there, un-replayed. Main problem is it's only about 1/10 of a game. There's not enough content for me to muster up the motivation to even bother with it again. I realize they were doing a PC treatment of a very brief D&D packaged scenario but there's no rule saying they couldn't have added a bunch of stuff to flesh it out. Seems a damn shame they did such a good job on the engine for such an abbreviated adventure. I'd still recommend it to any D&D fans who haven't played it... if there any such people.

Quilty

Magister
CraigCWB said:
Archibald said:
ToEE good old game? I`m probably getting too old for this shit.

Yeah, it's not that old and it's not that good. I set the box out on the shelf over my PC to remind myself to replay it about a year ago. It's still sitting there, un-replayed. Main problem is it's only about 1/10 of a game. There's not enough content for me to muster up the motivation to even bother with it again. I realize they were doing a PC treatment of a very brief D&D packaged scenario but there's no rule saying they couldn't have added a bunch of stuff to flesh it out. Seems a damn shame they did such a good job on the engine for such an abbreviated adventure. I'd still recommend it to any D&D fans who haven't played it... if there any such people.

Is it really that short? I could never get past the first omelette place or whatever it's called...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom