Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay progress report

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Interplay

The vast network of <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com>NMA</a> spies <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8795>reports</a> that <b>Herve</b> continues to run Interplay into the ground.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I understand they are going to pay the 6/1 and 6/15, but as before it will be on work hours. Vivendi was, and still is, involved in several lawsuits for paying salary employees for each hour worked with out truly converting to a hourly system where people get paid extra for more than 40 hours in a week or 8 hours in a day. It must be a French thing.
<br>
<br>
As a result, Herve now several more lawsuits on his hands for not paying overtime or shorting people since inaccurate records were kept regarding work hours for salary employees, and continuing to not pay for dental and optical. You'd think he'd learn to stop cutting corners. Saving a nickel to spend a dime is the hallmark of an 80's corporate officer and only continues to perpetuate the image of an arrogant executive will thinks he knows what he doing, but doesn't.
<br>
<br>
I also heard from several sources that he is opening up a very small office space in Newport Beach for the sole purpose of meeting clients. From my conversations, Herve has no plans to ever produce new products again. No more tech support, no more hints, no more message boards, nothing. The Interplay we all knew is gone, never to return. Interplay is going to be just a shell for "Herve Cean presents Fallout: Online" project.</blockquote>
<br>
And they say that the French aren't evil...

Whipporowill

Erudite
I'd say there's a quite a difference between being evil and being stupid. Herve is way too persistant to be evil, as he just keeps making all the wrong business decisions - he's just pretty much crap at what he does. But hey, pretty impressive that he keeps the thing afloat at all, things considering... heh.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Does it sound to anyone else like Vivendi's is trying to squeeze Herve's nuts in to submission? They're involved in suing Interplay for Interplay employees to get paid? That's pretty wacky stuff there. I can see Vivendi wanting their money back for the money that they gave Interplay as an advance to pay their employees to keep running, though.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
He should just sell whatever he can and get the hell away from the gaming industry. He is going to end up dirt poor from all the lawsuits. Maybe he can open up a Rita's Italian Ice shop. Those places pretty much run themselves...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
He'd still manage to run the place into the ground simply because he'd try to go console.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom