Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR 2 forum news

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<b>Akari</b> has answered a lot of questions about <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords>KotOR 2</a> in this <a href=http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=3398&hl=>13-page thread</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>You can "jump over stuff now" due to a technological breakthrough.
<br>
<br>
3 extra lightsaber upgrade slots are lens, emitter, and energy cell
<br>
<br>
On crafting and breaking things down:
<br>
Most of the stuff you can create are item upgrades than you can then insert into your equipment. Regarding the item creation stuff in general, it should probably be emphasized we're not talking about a full fleged crafting system like you might find in a MMORPG. It's more of an alternative way to get rid of stuff you don't use anymore (I.e., break it down) and putting the broken down components or chemicals to use in something that might be handy for you. While there's probably (I don't know for certain) a number of items that can only be gained through item creation, it's also a way of making items that are more useful to you than stuff you might already have.
<br>
<br>
For example, you might have a ton of medpacks that you don't really need. You could break those down into 'chemicals' and then reassemble the chemicals into advanced medpacks or life support packs. You would obviously get fewer life support packs than the medpacks it took to make it, but later in the game the life support packs are probably more useful to you than a ton of medpacks. This is just an example.
<br>
<br>
And last, apparently it's possible to have "any party npcs from Kotor join you in K2", unless I misunderstood something.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Discuss!
<br>

geminito

Liturgist
Will the maps still be extremely confining and linear? In KOTOR 1 I felt like the ball in a pinball machine just bouncing off the walls looking for an escape. Boring.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I wonder if the technological breakthrough was an achievement in coding, or if the code already allowed it and it just had to leave Bioware HQ and be placed in more skilled hands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom