Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Scars Of War Gathers Reinforcements

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Iron Tower; Scars of War

<p>It seems <a href="http://scarsofwargame.com/DevBlog/?p=1503">a second artist joined</a> the <strong>Scars of War</strong> team.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Thought it worth mentioning that the Scars of War team is now up to two (2) artists! Woot. This &lsquo;not doing everything myself&rsquo; concept is getting more and more appealing, the older and less stupid I get, I&rsquo;m telling you. You laugh, but one of the downsides to having a positive, &lsquo;I can do anything I put my mind to&rsquo; attitudes is a belief that you can just &lsquo;step in&rsquo; to any roles you&rsquo;re missing in a game dev team.</p>
<p>I&rsquo;ve come to realize that, regardless of whether I <em>could</em> actually learn any/all of the various disciplines&rsquo; skills, the time required to do so and do it well is just&hellip;unfeasible (Yes, ok, that&rsquo;s probably pretty obvious to most of you, shutit). Doing art, I&rsquo;m not coding. Coding, I&rsquo;m not writing/designing adventures. Writing, I&rsquo;m not interacting with the community (posting on forums/blogging).</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Here's another piece of interest for anyone with some talent and too much time:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>I&rsquo;ll end off by saying that I&rsquo;m always looking for contributors, should anyone be interested. I&rsquo;m essentially running a bounty system, if you feel you can contribute a piece of art, contact me (PM on ITS or email) and we&rsquo;ll chat, I&rsquo;ve got a list of things I need (not just icons, all sorts of art) and even supplying one or two of those things would be a help. You&rsquo;ll need to provide a sample of your work. Be aware, I&rsquo;ve got a <em>very</em> limited budget, essentially what&rsquo;s left of my paycheck once I&rsquo;ve budget everything else, but maybe we can come to a mutually agreeable arrangement.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15884">RPGWatch</a></p>

Andhaira

Arcane
This is one of my most anticipated games out there. Keep on truckin' NakedNinja.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you give me 1000000 €, I will finish the game for you, over night! No refunds.

If not, I still wish you best of luck :D

denizsi

Arcane
Looks like Garret's mental age has finally caught up with his biological age; he hath cometh to his senses, praise be to the heavens!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good to hear! Another step towards not being vapourware.

Jaesun said:
Where the fuck is Wang Lo? :x

No Wang is probably venting his frustration about not having balls on Vince in the AoD thread.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Torque engine is a complete rip off that will milk you dry. Just saying.

:salute:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Naked Ninja said:
Writing, I’m not interacting with the community (posting on forums/blogging).
So they're going to hire a professional blogger next?

Wang Lo

Novice
The Titanic gets a new first mate? Cool.

In other news, the obsession the codex pseudointellects has for me is unparalleled since the PC age, Pre Cleve.

News posts catered to me, dev blogs inspired by me, registering usernames to smoke me out. Mentioning me in every thread. A dozen obsessive posts calling me obsessive for every post I make. Even the great DU comes out of his bear cave to bait me. Congratulations, you are my bitches, wholly owned by me, Wang Lo. Dance for me, you little monkeys!

Wang Lo is fantastic!

Wang Lo

Novice
And of course, how do I forget, Gareth is the professional blogger obvs. What else does he do, aside from arguing how great torque is on message boards? Oh, and 1992 call and it wants its crossbow back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom