Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Redefines Visceral Combat

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>If you want to know just how visceral mashing the A-button will feel like in Dragon Age 2, just behold this <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/dragon-age-2-gameplay/350241" target="_blank">DA2 gameplay trailer</a> from GameCity in Vienna.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Thanks to Hiver!</em></p>

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You seem to have accidentally posted a Fable 3 trailer.

Black Cat

Magister
So Dragon Age 2 is going to be a really bad Dynasty Warriors clone without the flair, the over-the-top style, and the crazyness?

Meh.

zeitgeist

Magister
Looks like a rather typical Japanese-style console hack&slash. At least now it's absolutely clear that there's no point in complaining about lack of any cRPG elements and such, it's an entirely different genre. Are they still selling it as a real "RPG" or have they started using various other euphemisms and buzzwords yet?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How did it go from isometric-somewhat-oldschool to full-fledged retardo-action in one, single step? FUCK that looked horrible :o

Micmu

Magister
STFU, after 100 M$ in marketing this will be the best EAware game ever, like every other so far.

Also, every Codexer will be buying this game anyway so STFU again!!!11

Delirius

Liturgist
It's fucking terrible and yet still looks more interesting than even more retarded Origins combat. This pos will be generally better than Origins, just like ME2 was better than ME, mark my words.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
WTF am I watching. What a pile of stinking shit.

and to think that I enjoyed DA:O. I found the combat pretty good. But no, they had to drop all the so-called "old-schoolness" in favor of console-kiddie crap.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Mama, ooh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye, everybody
I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, oooooooh
I don't want to die
Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

Fits this game nicely :lol:

Cenobyte

Prophet
It looks like Final Fantasy meets Grimdark. Seriously, the sword? Wtf?

And the background graphics are more than horrible. There's hardly any detail there. Yeah yeah, I know that it's supposedly done with purpose and graphix whore and blah blah, but come on, this is not even 90ties 3D niveau.

DA 2 gets worser with any news about the game. Not that I'd care for the game anyway, but the DA series have become something like a satire of itself with all those ingame DLC advertisements, the lackluster skill system, the DLC problems and bugs and now this DA 2 with no real visual appeal and a nearly complete overhaul into a Mass Effect clone.

ChristofferC

Magister
Lol hard to believe it's the same game series. This really does look like some old 90's console action game.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game looks like shit and the sword is a joke.

The worst are the darkspawn that move and look like henchmens of a 50s style comic supervillan.

DramaticPopcorn said:
But the main question is, will Volourn like it?

Stupid question he loves everything Bioware.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Show me something that isn't Varric's exaggerated intentionally over-the-top account to rope in the button mashers.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
DramaticPopcorn said:
I have my doubts, that Bioware will make different combat system for a PC version.
It's the only thing that can save whatever remains of the game.

however, I really doubt it.

Suchy

Arcane
Ahahah there was practically every element of generic console shitfest combat present:
japshit sword
bad animation
over the top moves (moar japshit)
fucking sword trails (japshit of course)
bad guys cliched to the max
terrible camera
partikelz
gore that makes it lulzy on a pathetic level rather, than gory

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Well, as far as modern console action games go, DA2 does not look that bad, at least it has blood intead of gay light flashes. Still fucking shame that they turned DA, a promising game even with all it's flaws, into this. :?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck. I thought DA:O had some potential as a series, but should have realised after the neverending combat DLC's that this would be the ultimate end of the sequel.

Funny I played Darksiders for an hour before uninstalling and the combat looked almost exactly like this.

kris

Arcane
I guess my view didn't change since I kind of gave up hope for this and I kind of liked DA despite the filler combat.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another bad thing is that for all the shit DA:O graphics took they had some of the best two-handed attack animations, with the weapons actually look VERY heavy to swing. Not this retarded crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom