Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay update

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Interplay

<b>Luke Haase</b>, <s>Iraqi Minister of Information</s>, has sent an <a href=http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY&read=1095>optimistic email</a> to one of the most faithful of the investors:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Most of what you're asking about is hypothetical, and nothing I can really officially comment on. You're right...things are strange with no offices or employees or web site...and clearly things cannot go on like this indefinitely. However, the two recent announcements, along with management's work underway now, provide at least some reason to believe things will change somewhat soon. The definition of "soon" is what is debatable.
<br>
<br>
As I am saying far too often the past few months, sorry I cannot be more helpful or specific</blockquote>
<br>
The most interesting is the reaction of the investor:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>**this email from Luke gave me some hope. Basically, he is saying that the recently announced deals that Interplay has struck, between Bethesda, and the agreement with Atari and Vivendi are giving them good momentum and he suggests that more good things are brewing but that it could be a long wait. In a way, what Interplay is doing is good. They don't have to worry about rent, paying employees, etc. They can concentrate on getting as much cash/financing as they can and then getting back in in a much healthier financial position.</blockquote>
<br>
I totally agree with that. Things like office, rent, equipment, and employees can only get in the way and slow Interplay down. Now that they are free of all those things they can finally concentrate of making great games! By Gamers For Gamers FOREVAR!!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>

DemonKing

Arcane
That investor is a laugh...I can't believe there is still anyone on the planet that believes Ineptplay is a going concern...they're nothing more than a bloated rotting carcass with a few worthless IPs attached which even starving vultures wouldn't bother to pick over.

Talorc

Liturgist
Now that they have sold Fallout, what other IP do they even have?

Freespace is it I think?

Oh yeah, and Fallout Online.. bought to you by the company that doesnt have a website...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
He's definitely overly optimistic considering Interplay is homeless. Think about it like this..

Herve: We're working on an MMORPG of Fallout! It'll be great! We just need some money!
Funder: Hey, cool! I have a few million. Could I drop by your office and see how it's progressing?
Herve: Well, we don't have an office. We're doing it out of the trunks of our cars.
Funder: What the fuck? How are the developers working on an MMORPG of Fallout if they don't have a place to work?
Herve: Oh, that isn't a problem! We don't have any developers! Hey, can you make out that check to Titus? That's Tee Eye Tee You Ess.
Funder: Get off my porch before I call the cops.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
He's definitely overly optimistic considering Interplay is homeless. Think about it like this..

Funder: What the fuck? How are the developers working on an MMORPG of Fallout if they don't have a place to work?
Herve: Oh, that isn't a problem! We don't have any developers! Hey, can you make out that check to Titus? That's Tee Eye Tee You Ess.

Maybe they'll find some broom closet in the Titus building/office where they can work. Lets say Interplay = 20 people who work on 1 single game. It's not like they need a whole building.

And we thought that working on crappy console games when interplay was in the state that they were was a bad idea. And now, It's ever better. We already know that there are some real dumbshit interplay inverstors out there...
If anyone here knows who Ed Wood, the director was, it's kinda how Harve could make it work. No matter how horrible his movies were, he found some dumbass who would fund him.

Eldar

Novice
At the risk of sounding embittered, I'll spit on Interplay's corpse when it finally goes under.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom