Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Kult: Heretic Kingdoms interview

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: 3D People; Kult: Heretic Kingdoms

Our interview with Peter Nagy (Lead Artist) and Jan Turan (Lead Programmer) of 3D People, plus Chris Bateman (Game Designer/Script Writer) and Richard Boon (Story Designer/Script Editor) from International Hobo about their cRPG title, Kult: Heretic Kingdoms

• Peter: The Heretic Kingdoms look and feel different to the usual fantasy world : and the further into the game that player goes, the more obvious this becomes. Story-wise, god is dead, religion is outlawed, and the Inquisition — the player is an Inquisitor — has absolute power. Many people are poor and weak, but a few notable people, specifically the Scarred, have access to potentially limitless power. It's hard to explain, but so many of the details of Kult separate its background from those of other games. We're not trying to create something completely new, by any means — we love fantasy stories and art, and games — but we wanted our world to be individual and recognisable. To be worth the time and effort it takes to explore it.

Camrin

Novice
Kult is really cheap game here, but whenever I feel tempted to buy it, I look at the back-cover screens and then my Diablophobia tunes in.

Has anybody played this? Any comments, please.

Jed

Cipher
Where's the damn interview?!?!!?!?!1!1! Does the 'Codex now sport Premium Content? Do I have to equip the ring or some shit?

Ryuken

Liturgist
Here is the interview.

Kult is okay, simply average, it was only very bugged in the first European release (it did got its support later on though). It's still follows the Diablo-type of gameplay (areas are propped full with foes) but there are several interesting twists to it. Attunement system is one of them, that alternate world and the healing herb mechanics too.

In the end though, I thought the story really was the strongest point. It is mainly linear (till right before the end, where you can choose from a couple of different endings) but well told and quite believeable imo.

Looking forward to the sequel which I hope, will have a bit more rpg in it.

Camrin

Novice
Ryuken said:
Here is the interview.

Kult is okay, simply average, it was only very bugged in the first European release (it did got its support later on though). It's still follows the Diablo-type of gameplay (areas are propped full with foes) but there are several interesting twists to it. Attunement system is one of them, that alternate world and the healing herb mechanics too.

In the end though, I thought the story really was the strongest point. It is mainly linear (till right before the end, where you can choose from a couple of different endings) but well told and quite believeable imo.

Looking forward to the sequel which I hope, will have a bit more rpg in it.

Cheers for the info, Ryuken. Actually, your opinion is much more helpful than interview, which is a kind of regular developers' monologue: "what makes our game so great and unique" :D

aries202

Erudite
HI :)

I have played the demo for this game....

and I find it abselutely outstanding.

The graphics might not be up to par with the games of today; However, the UI, the gameplay and the story are very intriguing and challenging.

A noce nifty little feature is that there are no map whatsoever, so you need to kind of keep track of where you are going yourself. Very interesting.

The alternate world is also a very intriguing choice to have; there are quests in this game you ONLY can solve by going into the other reality...

Also, don't judge a game by its cover much like don't judge a cake by its frosting. Some of the worst cakes in the world can have a tempting
good looking frosting on top of them just like many bad games can actually look good, but not be.
(a certain game starting with O comes to mind)

Other games (and cakes) can look kind of dull, but taste wonderfully...just like KULT: Heretic Kingdoms...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom