Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News K2 update: hilts are out, gameplay stuff is in

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

It's time for another <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords>Knights of the Old Republic II</a> <a href=http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=idx>forums update</a>. <b>Akari</b>, one of the developers, <a href=http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1877&st=15&#entry73564>mentioned</a> that <a href=http://www.obsidianent.com/>Obsidian</a> may not be able to implement eagerly anticipated custom lighsaber hilts. According to rumors, custom hilts will be sold and shipped separately, so place your preorders <a href=http://www.mybodyvibes.com/store/dildos/>here</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be able to get the varied lightsaber hilts into the game.
<br>
<br>
With where we're at now, we're focusing a lot more on things that impact gameplay (Skills, plot options, combat stances/forms, better NPC scripting, etc) than something that's just purely cosmetic like lightsaber hilts.
<br>
<br>
The idea isn't out all together, but it's getting to the point where there just might not be the time to do it.</blockquote>
<br>
Good news.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
With where we're at now, we're focusing a lot more on things that impact gameplay than something that's just purely cosmetic like lightsaber hilts.

::listens to the moans of dozens of CloudDeatStar007's and DarthMeToo_tehOne69's::

Dhruin

Liturgist
Not that I could care less for the hilts but it looks like they're shooting for that early release.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
or being forced to deliver the game for the holidays. Akari also mentioned somewhere that the date is Dec 12.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I've never understood why people cared so much for the custom hilts anyway. It's not like you can really notice them in the game. I think they could probably lie and say hilts are in, and no one would know the difference.

EEVIAC

Erudite
That Moon And Stars Spiral hilt looks good. Anyone know whether you're able to dual wield it? Does it incur an off-hand penalty?

Seven

Erudite
EEVIAC said:
That Moon And Stars Spiral hilt looks good. Anyone know whether you're able to dual wield it? Does it incur an off-hand penalty?

Naturally, it's dual wieldable. Sheeesh!

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Sounds good to me. I remember that I gave up on Bio's KotOR board when I realized that a lot of people where more interested in different saber colors and hilts than in roleplaying options. Nice to see them get screwed for a change.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm glad to hear they decided to skip out on that wonderful little un-noticeable detail. Jesus Christ; who bloody cares about the hilts? What; they're going for different colours or something? Pff...

Azael: The very same reason as to why I flunked out from Bioware's Kotor-forum.

taks

Liturgist
Dhruin said:
Not that I could care less for the hilts but it looks like they're shooting for that early release.
good point...
taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Lightsaber hilts are, at best, a negligable feature. Implementing different colored lightsabers crystals would be so much more obvious and better looking than some stupid hilt that's undoubtedly blocked by your hand. Not to mention the fact that different colored lightsabers are so much easier to implement.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
That's pretty much. The hilt will be blocked by the characters' hands and it won't be seen that often. The same happened with Jedi Academy. With the fast and furious combat going on, the last thing on my mind was my saber's hilt.

Even then, what is the point?

Reklar

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
That's pretty much. The hilt will be blocked by the characters' hands and it won't be seen that often. The same happened with Jedi Academy. With the fast and furious combat going on, the last thing on my mind was my saber's hilt.

Even then, what is the point?

What's the point? That answer was already made by you earlier in the thread, Role-Player. Observe:

Role-Player said:
::listens to the moans of dozens of CloudDeatStar007's and DarthMeToo_tehOne69's::

I rest my case. ;)

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom