Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age: Witch Hunt Impressions

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>RPGWatcher Dhruin played through the latest Dragon Age BioDLC and <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=160&amp;ref=0&amp;id=79" target="_blank">shares his impressions</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The mage Finn soon joins the party, alongside some careless dialogue (Finn remarks on the search for Morrigan, something no one has actually revealed at that point).&nbsp; Two new locations follow - a new Dwarven Thaig and some Elven ruins - with a linear path through both and a series of throwaway encounters with shrieks, standard darkspawn and the like.&nbsp; Having imported my <em>Awakening</em> character (it didn't seem to make sense to "go back in time" and choose an older character), the combat is hack'n'slash -like.&nbsp; At no point did I really have to think beyond clicking on an enemy...and then the next.&nbsp; Even the big, new monster - the impressive looking varterral - required no more than randomly clicking some of my rogue's special abilities without any real tactics.</p>
<p>...</p>
<p>To be fair, some of the problems aren't really the fault of <em>this</em> content but come from the DLC implementation.&nbsp; There's no real reason to care about loot or levelling, for example, because you'll (probably) never to get to use them again.&nbsp; There's some humorous banter but it felt a bit forced: I don't know these people.&nbsp; The combat is extremely dull, possibly because it has to scale to various levels (or because BioWare has pulled back from the initial difficulty?).&nbsp; Being at the end of the <em>Dragon Age: Origins</em> road, my character is an overpowered god.&nbsp; I could have created a new character (the option is provided at the beginning of this DLC) but one of the major attractions for this content is finishing a previously started journey.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>So, was it worth it?&nbsp; Quite simply: no.&nbsp; I'm not someone who measures content in dollars-per-hour-played but rather in terms of the experience.&nbsp; <em>Witch Hunt</em> didn't provide story closure, the gameplay was dull&nbsp; - and the two or so hours not worth the $7.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15735">RPGWatch</a></p>

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
POOPERSCOOPER said:
I've heard that DA has some of the worst DLC. Like laughable DLC.
You heard right.
DA's DLC is some of the worst I've seen for quite some time.
Horse armor...

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'm still waiting for them to release the patch for this DLC which fixes the dark ritual bug. Bioware is currently beta testing it.

Wulfstand

Prophet
So what happens in the end? Do you and Morrigan get together again and fuck for the rest of eternity?
Somehow I feel that nothing's gonna get accomplished.

kris

Arcane
Wulfstand said:
So what happens in the end? Do you and Morrigan get together again and fuck for the rest of eternity?
Somehow I feel that nothing's gonna get accomplished.

She reveals pretty much nothing and then she leaves through the portal to a place nothing is said about in one way or the other.

I was actually thinking the real meat of the DLC was on the other side of the portal. LOL at me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom