Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt - The Spoilers of Morrigan

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>Gamespot played <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonageoriginswitchhunt/news.html?sid=6275091&amp;mode=previews" target="_blank">bits and pieces</a> of the next Dragon Age DLC, <strong>Witch Hunt</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>Despite the fact that we're basically spoiling the ending of the DLC in this story (and with it, the saga of the original Dragon Age), you can take comfort in the fact that Morrigan was her usual cryptic self, and generally avoided giving a straight answer to nearly all of our questions. When asked about her intentions, she simply replied that she had much to do that required her to acquire power over time, and that her adopted mother Flemeth was the real threat (and depending on whether you elected to kill Flemeth, you can take a slightly different dialogue choice here). When asked about the child, Morrigan says only that the child is somewhere safe, and being prepared for "what is to come." After barely giving you any kind of answers to your questions, you must then bid the witch farewell, though how you choose to end your meeting with her is up to you.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>If you try to sleep until morning,</em></p>
<p><em>turn to page 27.</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>If you try to grope your way out,</em></p>
<p><em>turn to page 31.</em></p>

racofer

Thread Incliner
30us3sk.jpg

And by the way, it's Morrigan, not Morgan.

Antihero

Liturgist
But the bad taste of having been strung along will be out of your mouth by the time they totally conclude the story arc in DA2, right?!

EDIT: Apparently it generated some Biowarian butthurt. Not sure where the direct quote is, and my google-fu turns up nothing yet.
Thankfully, we don't ever show all the possible endings to the press, so worry not.

I would have thought Gamespot would be professional enough to not lay out three paragraphs of spoiler, but apparently I was incorrect. As an ex-journalist myself, I am not pleased.

I can't imagine the other path actually resolves the story though, if that one didn't.

Morrigan will just get possessed by Flemeths ghost or something and be a party member in the second game anyway no matter what you do.

Antihero

Liturgist
Ed123 said:
What the fuck. Those spoilers revealed virtually nothing of value, beyond the importance of the mirror and the fact that, uh, Morrigan leaves? Again?
Exactly: the DLC people thought might close a loose thread is going to be a disappointment. Apparently.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Antihero said:
You know, I would have been willing to totally call you out on masterful trolling... except I still remember the in-game advertisement for Warden's Keep. So... yeah, this may or may not be legit, but at this point it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility. Which in itself is kinda sad when you think about it.

Micmu

Magister
Sceptic said:
You know, I would have been willing to totally call you out on masterful trolling... except I still remember the in-game advertisement for Warden's Keep. So... yeah, this may or may not be legit, but at this point it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility. Which in itself is kinda sad when you think about it.
Not just advertisement. There was a line exactly like this; about reviving some NPC and "continuing the questline" or something. What a disgusting piece of game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom