Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview KOTOR 2 impressions at HomeLan

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.homelanfed.com>HomeLan</a> has posted some <a href=http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=24738>impressions</a> of upcoming <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/index.html>KOTOR 2</a> after the <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com>LucasArts</a>' press event.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Obsidian has also seen it fit to add over 40 new feats and force powers, giving players several new ways to play. One of the most notable enhancements here is the new Master Fury dark side force power, which gives the caster a 60 second window where their stats are boosted, and the more they kill, the more their stats are boosted. The equip system has also been updated slightly, allowing among other things two different weapon configurations to be created, which can then be switched directly in the in-game view, as opposed to having to manually going to the equip view in KotOR1. The relationship system also has seen an overhaul, with Obsidian giving the other members of your party more freedom and personality, allowing them to leave your party if they don’t like your actions(i.e. a “good” person may leave if you fall to the dark side). In turn, Obsidian has created an influence system, where the ability to keep members of your party will be based on how much influence you have over them; if you have enough influence, they will stay with you even if you do fall to the dark side, for example. Obviously, critical characters will still need to stay, but “extra” characters will be much more fluid in KotOR2.</blockquote>Adding more feats is always a good idea. I wish they added more skills too, but they decided against that.
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
The extra feats might be ok - if they haven't added new skills they might not be generic "standard feat provides +1 skill bonus, improved feat provides +2 skill bonus" type.

ichpokhudezh

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Adding more feats is always a good idea.
Out of curiosity: why is that so (beyond personal preference)?

I wonder if the 'influence system' will work outside of the party. That would be great.

Nightjed

Liturgist
they could be "+1 to all skills" :P

influence means that charisma will be important ? or just that only the guys you always use will stay with you and the rest will eventually leave because you asked for a discount at the store ? (discounts lead to the dark side)

edit :
allows better character cutomization so that there are actually a lot of ways to develop a character, (im talking about d&d style "allows for new type of attacks" feats or even fallout "specializing bonuses" style perks, not "+1 to a skill" kotor style feats tho)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
ichpokhudezh said:
Vault Dweller said:
Adding more feats is always a good idea.
I can only talk about personal preference here, but one of the reasons I don't want to replay KOTOR is because char system sucks and combat was painfully boring. ToEE, on the other hand, a game without any story, was interesting to play because of all kinda char builds and strategies. Hopefully we'd things like Whirlwind, Trip, Feint, Expertise, etc instead of +1,2,3 to skills.

Spazmo

Erudite
I like this party influence business. Why Canderous would stick around my ship just so I could listen to his war stories is beyond me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom