Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age II Release Date Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>The Release Date of Dragon Age 2 has been epically announced at the GamesCon in Cologne, the city of faggots. Like, you know, the german San Francisco. It's March 8th, 2011.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Additionally, behold this <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8p1JIHYtA&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">emotionally engaging trailer</a> named "Destiny", showing Commander Hawke kicking major ass.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99247-dragon-age-ii-release-date-announced-trailer.html">GB</a></p>

SoupNazi

That trailer got me all excited and shit, but then I remembered how the original had a pretty dramatic trailer as well but still was a pile of turds, so all hope was lost.

Bruticis

Why did he smear blood on his face? Why did he leap in the air when had a kill shoot? Why didn't he just use the weird magic smoke arm monster to tear off the other guys arm at the onset of the battle? So much to learn, I need answers.

Deleted member 7219

The ending actually made me angry. Never got that feeling from a game trailer before.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112943p1.html

2009's Dragon Age: Origins was renowned for its storytelling techniques, but it was not without flaws. The tactical combat system designed for PCs didn't translate well to consoles, and the game lacked visual flair. The Bioware team has acknowledged the first game's shortcomings and has worked hard to correct them.

In Dragon Age 2 the combat system has been stripped of the clunkiness of the original and injected with more awesome.

Still, it's nice to have battle partners that are an asset instead of a burden.
I really hope "battle partners" will replace the term Party members over time.

You can still pause the action with the space bar and issue commands to your team, but you should expect to see some changes to how you view fights. Although what we saw wasn't final, it looks like Bioware is developing a new camera for the PC version that's focused less on getting a bird's eye view and more on zooming in around the battlefield and enemy locations.

Arcanoix

Scholar
:what:

:retarded:

Predicting now that Flemeth captured the essence of an Archdemon and Hawke is Flemeth's son. Since she can't possess Morrigan, she launches a campaign with Darkspawn/Blighted Qunari (Ogres) to not only find him but to possess him since he has Archdemon essence in him and it only makes that much fucking sense.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Angelo85 said:
You can still pause the action with the space bar and issue commands to your team, but you should expect to see some changes to how you view fights. Although what we saw wasn't final, it looks like Bioware is developing a new camera for the PC version that's focused less on getting a bird's eye view and more on zooming in around the battlefield and enemy locations.

Yes! More zooming in is what we need! That was the problem with the first game's camera, it was too zoomed out!

VentilatorOfDoom said:
The Release Date of Dragon Age 2 has been epically announced at the GamesCon in Cologne, the city of faggots.
Why is this in RPG news?

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Like, you know, the german San Francisco. It's March 8th, 2011
:(

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Additionally, behold this emotionally engaging trailer named "Destiny", showing Commander Hawke kicking major ass.

Spotted at: GB
No gameplay shown, just CGI. Shit as it shows nothing about the game. Misleading because DA2 won't be like God of War (although they are trying). Boring because you know how the trailer is going to end. Hero is banal and so is his equipment and special moves.

:x :x :x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Someone better do a LP of it though. Looking more forward to a LP of dragon turd II than the actual shit game.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
How fitting that it is released on the International Women's Day...

xemous

Arcane
i like the little snort thing the other monster did, showing these guys r hardcore they mean business

ortucis

Prophet
LOL @ the comments here.

I haven't seen the trailer but I still haven't seen the trailers for DA, even though I have finished the game. I really don't care about previews or trailers, esp. when they are CGI.

I accidentally saw the CGI ME2 trailer when I kept the game running at "Press key to continue" screen.. my god that was hilariously stupid. The emotionless, fat Krogan doing a slomo (hollywoodish moment) was the funniest shit ever. Anyways, my guess is that DA2 trailer is similar pointless drivel being put out for console audience.

Ahh BioWare.. :love:

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Seen from an CGI standpoint, the animation looked pretty awesome. Seen from a gaming standpoint it really sucked, another pointless trailer for a sucky game that drips with EA sperm and breathes a EA atmosphere.

commie said:
Wow! Too bad I've yet to play for more than half an our the first 'gem'!

Wow, I haven't even touched the first.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ajqhxy.png

Updated my journal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom