Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda on SPECIAL

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Well, not that much info, but <b>Kharn</b> over at <a href="Http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</a> has <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8031">posted this news item</a> that <A href="http://www.bethsoft.com">Bethesda</A> did get the rights to use SPECIAL in addition to snagging <A href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a>.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote><b>Q: Have you purchased the right to use SPECIAL for any and all Fallout games from Interplay? </b>
<br>
A: yes, we have full rights to SPECIAL.</blockquote>
<br>

<br>
Of course, that doesn't mean they'll use it, nor does it mean they won't heavily modify it for use in <b>Fallout 3</b>, but it's a decent start.
<br>

suibhne

Erudite
I assume that SPECIAL is part of the FO license package; I doubt they made a separate line-item decision on licensing SPECIAL.

Avin

Liturgist
isometric campaign marches on. i can't hardly imagine how special could work in FP.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Whipporowill said:
Odd thing is that the skill system (gain through active usage) is one of the few things I liked about MW.

Not I. I thought it actually was rather crappy idea, and poorly implemented.

But I also thought MW was a single-player MMORPG. It was as souless as one.

Lasakon

Liturgist
Barghest said:
Whipporowill said:
Odd thing is that the skill system (gain through active usage) is one of the few things I liked about MW.

Not I. I thought it actually was rather crappy idea, and poorly implemented.

But I also thought MW was a single-player MMORPG. It was as souless as one.
At least not every NPC repeated "I'm Rick James, Bitch." In all caps.

Human Shield

Augur
They can just hack the system, even FO:POS had a hacked version.

Tag several skills, after increasing those tagged skilled by use by 10 points you can level up by resting and increase stats.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom