Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview MCA on Fallout: New Vegas

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Gametrailers hosts two video interviews with Magnificent Chris Avellone concerning Fallout: New Vegas.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Firstly, get the <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mining-the-fallout-new/702864" target="_blank"><em>dirty details on how the history of Fallout will affect New Vegas</em></a>.</p>
<p>Secondly, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/new-features-fallout-new/702866" target="_blank"><em>find out what's new in the alternate future following the events of Fallout 3</em></a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99199-fallout-new-vegas-video-interviews.html">GB</a></p>

The Wizard

Educated
oh hey, an interview with avellone! it's been so long since i've heard him talk about new reno!

i mean vegas.

and what he learned from new vegas!

i mean reno.

laclongquan said:
What I saw on the vidia: "revolving cock...hottest...". True story!

Anyway, the ember start reddening. Look worthy a few hype or two.

Could have been a quote from a radio station over here from a decade or so back: 'and here's number 84 [guessing] in the hottest 100 songs for 1997 [guessing]: the Revolting Cocks' cover of 'Do you think I'm sexy'.

Seriously. There was a band called the Revolting Cocks, and they covered Rodd Stewart's 'Do you think I'm sexy?', (kind of a metal version) and it got a fair bit of play on one of the stations over here (and the clip shown every other week on Rage).

Cool story, bro? Probably not, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I wonder if Chris will again flip flop from how the game is so cool to "it was totally different from what we wanted to do originally so it sucked!" like it was when AP tanked - if, hopefully, F3NV will tank too

roll-a-die

Magister
Azrael the cat said:
laclongquan said:
What I saw on the vidia: "revolving cock...hottest...". True story!

Anyway, the ember start reddening. Look worthy a few hype or two.

Could have been a quote from a radio station over here from a decade or so back: 'and here's number 84 [guessing] in the hottest 100 songs for 1997 [guessing]: the Revolting Cocks' cover of 'Do you think I'm sexy'.

Seriously. There was a band called the Revolting Cocks, and they covered Rodd Stewart's 'Do you think I'm sexy?', (kind of a metal version) and it got a fair bit of play on one of the stations over here (and the clip shown every other week on Rage).

Cool story, bro? Probably not, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIlHt_syoSEjust to give you what Rodd Stewarts version was.

EDIT: Also he was totally sexy, my first crush on a guy was on him.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Oh MCA, how low have you sunken?
Since long are the glory days of Fallout gone, yet you still cling to it...

On the bright side he can't make the situation much worse than it already is.
:thumbsup:

OR CAN HE?
madmax2.png

CrimHead

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
I wonder if Chris will again flip flop from how the game is so cool to "it was totally different from what we wanted to do originally so it sucked!" like it was when AP tanked - if, hopefully, F3NV will tank too

chris_avellone_obsidian_229x128.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
MetalCraze said:
if, hopefully, F3NV will tank too
That's an awful thing to say, Fallout is Sawyer's dream project and he says he's been putting in a seven day 60+ hour work week for over a month now, so if it bombs he'll probably need to be put on a suicide watch. Do you support the crushing of his decade-long dream and possible self-destruction?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey said:
MetalCraze said:
if, hopefully, F3NV will tank too
That's an awful thing to say, Fallout is Sawyer's dream project and he says he's been putting in a seven day 60+ hour work week for over a month now, so if it bombs he'll probably need to be put on a suicide watch. Do you support the crushing of his decade-long dream and possible self-destruction?

Even if NV is pure shit it's not likely to tank. People will just stop trusting Obsidian and todd howard will cry himself to sleep.

DriacKin

Arbiter
New Vegas is almost guaranteed to be financially successful. If anything, Bethesda has proven that they have a great marketing department. Regardless of whether they're publishing decent games like Morrowind or shit games like Olbivion, the sales figures are always good.

New Vegas will be Obsidian's most financially successful game to date. Guaranteed.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Since it's basically a mod of FO3 sold at regular game prices I would think it would make some money.

Pablosdog

Prophet
The question on everyone's mind is really this: Will there be romanceable mounts?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:

Hopefully it makes billions and Obsidian can make their own quality Alpha Protocol sequel with the clams! :smug:

Pablosdog

Prophet
Or they could reform Troika, and release a darksun rpg using 2nd edition Adnd rules, with no bugs, and the narrator is voiced by Morgan Freeman.

DriacKin

Arbiter
commie said:
MetalCraze said:

Hopefully it makes billions and Obsidian can make their own quality Alpha Protocol sequel with the clams! :smug:

If it does end up making billions, Bethesda is the one who'll be reaping the profits, not Obsidian.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
DriacKin said:
If it does end up making billions, Bethesda is the one who'll be reaping the profits, not Obsidian.
If a game sells really, really well, developers may get some bonus too. But it's very rare and only happens if sells are much better than it was expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom