Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Comprehensive Dragon Age News Bundle

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>Greywardens.com continue to create Dragon Age content for their website. Maybe they're running out of topics or maybe they're genuinely interested in <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/07/more-than-cloth/" target="_blank"><strong>Tailoring traditions in Ferelden!!</strong></a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>The circle has, by far, the most extravagant use of fabrics seen around, even rivalling or surpassing the Arls. By contrast to the rather bland clothing of the peasants and even some of the merchant class, and even the gaudy finery of the nobles, the circle has created a series of different robes that are both very finely woven with a type of fabric unseen elsewhere, but also in a way that harnesses some manner of power for the wearer.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Of course the Circle of Dragon Age Wussie Mages are always concerned with how fashionable they look.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Furthermore Eleusimae (ferret girl) takes a look at the <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/07/the-hawke-and-the-dove-thedas-politics/" target="_blank">Thedas politics</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Flemeth: </strong>It has already been confirmed that Flemeth will be making an appearance in DA2, and it wouldn&rsquo;t be the first time she has played a role in Fereldan politics. As Wardens, we meet her in the Korcari Wilds, where she becomes not only an ally by preserving the Grey Warden treaties we need to reform Ferelden&rsquo;s armies, but a lifesaver as well. Ferelden&rsquo;s Grey Wardens would have died out completely if not for her timely arrival at the Tower of Ishal.</p>
<p>But Flemeth has made such interventions before. In <em>The Stolen Throne</em>, she saves the lives of Maric and Loghain, though not before making some cryptic predictions about Maric&rsquo;s future:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">&ldquo;You will hurt the ones you love the most, and become what you hate in order to save what you love.&rdquo; &mdash; <em>The Stolen Throne</em> by David Gaider, page 367</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You become what you hate in order to save what you love. And save he did.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Additionally, ferret girl is <strong><a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/08/what-sleeps-beneath-the-stone/2/" target="_blank">Getting Ready for the Golems of Amgarrak</a>, </strong>a soon to be released DLC with less story faggotism and more tactical Dragon Age combat. At least that's what I heard.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>So what about Amgarrak? What does the thaig, discovered only a few years ago to contain a <strong>powerful weapon that could turn the tide</strong> against the darkspawn, have to do with these echoes of the past? Whatever our choice on whether to preserve or to destroy the Anvil of the Void, it cannot be denied that golems have left an indelible mark upon dwarven history. And as we&rsquo;ve learned in the Blight&rsquo;s aftermath, the Archdemon&rsquo;s death has signaled anything but the defeat of the Horde. The darkspawn are amassing, and the fate of Ferelden once again rests in the hands of our Wardens.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I know this newspost is pretty long and thus demanding for your attention span, let's look <a href="http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/07/30/dragon-age-2-team-discusses-story-combat-and-hawke.aspx" target="_blank">at a video for a few minutes</a> to recoup our reading energies.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>In this video interview with creative director Mark Darrah and lead designer Mike Laidlaw, key elements such as the new main character, the game's narrative style, and the changes to the console version are discussed.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>And to come to an end, GameZone put up an editorial describing <a href="http://pc.gamezone.com/editorials/item/five_improvements_for_dragon_age_ii/" target="_blank"><strong>Five Improvements for Dragon Age II</strong></a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Combat</strong><br /> Again, a problem largely limited to the console ports of the game. The combat was frequently chaotic (which is good, I guess), and required a strong sense of what was going on over too large an area for the limited third-person camera angle. Although it was possible to change characters to get an idea of what was going on, the lack of an overhead camera made judging the positions and movements of enemy troops problematic. Not impossible, I should hasten to add: I&rsquo;m sure plenty of people have completed the game on the higher difficulty settings; but for newbies starting to get a taste of larger combats, it can be very disorienting.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99015-dragon-age-editorials.html">GB</a></p>

StrangeCase

Educated
But Flemeth has made such interventions before. In The Stolen Throne, she saves the lives of Maric and Loghain, though not before making some cryptic predictions about Maric’s future:

“You will hurt the ones you love the most, and become what you hate in order to save what you love.” — The Stolen Throne by David Gaider, page 367

Oof. I see Gaider's prose is as evocative and punchy as ever.

Although it was possible to change characters to get an idea of what was going on, the lack of an overhead camera made judging the positions and movements of enemy troops problematic. Not impossible, I should hasten to add: I’m

...too late, not hasty enough. I'm outta here.

denizsi

Arcane
They are diluting their own already shitty IP faster than someone with chronic diarrhea can shit out his last meal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom