Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Leon's profile posted at NMA

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout; Leonard Boyarsky

There's a <A href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=7623">developer profile</a> of <b>Leonard Boyarsky</b> over at <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</a>. Here's a slice of the pizza pie:
<br>

<br>
<blockquote><b>Tell us a little about your role in the making of Fallout 1/2/3 (Van Buren)/Tactics ?</b>
<br>

<br>
I was brought on Fallout 1 as lead artist/art director after Tim and Jason had been working on the engine for a little while, but before the decision to go post nuclear was made. I was really excited when we decided to go post nuclear, as “The Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)” was my favourite movie at the time.
<br>

<br>
As Art Director, I was responsible for the look and mood of the game (as far as visuals were concerned). <u>I came up with the idea of the “future of the fifties” setting, and had to convince everyone that that was the way to go.</u> I also came up with the idea/design for the “Vault Boy” and the “cards” (as I called them) showing him doing all the different things in humorous ways. By the way, he’s not the Pip Boy, the Pip Boy is the little guy on your Pip Boy interface. The Vault Boy was supposed to evoke the feel of Monopoly cards, and the Pip Boy was based on the Bob’s Big Boy mascot.</blockquote>
<br>

<br>
Honestly, I think the 50s stuff is what kicks the setting up a notch. At least, that's what did it for me.
<br>

Anonymous

This just proves more why the original Fallout 1 team should do Fallout 3 instead of the other jokers.

It adds that much extra to the whole setting because its always there but never in your face. I think the setting would have floundered if they had shoved the "look at our kitcsh 50's stylee" down your throat.

Eclecticist

Liturgist
I am really enjoying these developer profiles, especially as I am relatively new to the Fallout world (at least compared to most people.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom