Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with Chris Avellone

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Gamestar.ru <a href="http://gamestar.ru/article/1587.html" target="_blank">chats with MCA</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>What can you say about Alpha Protocol sales volume? Do you think of making a sequel? </strong><br />Haven't gotten any sales figures, and I don't know if I care all that much compared to getting critiques, which are more important. Sequel - I'd do one, although I'd prefer to be on the start of the game this time rather than come in in the middle.<br /><strong><br />When Dungeon Siege 3 development was started? Please, tell about your role in development of the game.</strong><br />I am not involved with Dungeon Siege III except in a Creative Director capacity (looking at documents, discussing a few story elements, going to build critiques), although we've been working on it for some time before its announcement at E3.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15362">RPGWatch</a></p>

Turjan

Arcane
ChristofferC said:
Sales gotta be pretty bad if he doesn't even want to talk about it.
As the publisher already gave a definite "No" as answer to the question whether there would be a sequel, it's a given that sales were bad. Plus, it's not worth asking the "sequel" question.

xemous

Arcane
this game is 99 dollars AUD at EB games LOL thats
99.00 AUD = 88.3039 USD

lol

will wait for it to drop to 9.99 less than 10 dollars BEFORE I BUY LOL

:M gonna put this bird in

and a :retarded:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Turjan said:
ChristofferC said:
As the publisher already gave a definite "No" as answer to the question whether there would be a sequel, it's a given that sales were bad. Plus, it's not worth asking the "sequel" question.

Doesn't mean much. Depends on who own the IP. If Obsidian does and they want to make another then they can get someone else to fund or publish a sequel.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ChristofferC said:

At least Obsidian get what they deserve this time.
You can't just make unredeemable shit all the time unless you are EA or Activision.

Now I just hope their Fallout rape will tank just as badly.

Rhalle

Magister
MCA said:
I'd prefer to be on the start...rather than come in in the middle.

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom