Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Geneforge 3 in the works, plus mystery game

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software

Ripped from the <a href="http://www.spidweb.com">Spiderweb Software front page</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>What's coming?</b> We are poking around at two new products now. One will be Geneforge 3, which we've already started coding. The other, we don't want to say much about yet.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Tease.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Psilon</b>!
<br>

Stark

Liturgist
LlamaGod said:
I demnd you stop being a graphics whore already.

what's wrong with Exitium's demand? if they're starting with a new engine one of the major feature they can/should improve on is the graphics. We can probably all agree that the graphics is the weakest feature of their game. it'll be good if the coder start addressing this.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Actually considering todays technologies and the work the team have allready invested in such a complex game engine, I think it would not be very hard to offer normal graphics. I mean, at least animated because I hate seeing my party not walking but teleporting step by step. I know that lack of animations simplifies work, but you have to aim for that at least.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, just take a look at Laser Squad Nemesis. There's animation there, and it probably shares the same budget as the Geneforge games.

I'm waiting for some moron to tell me in the form of a question: "Why don't you go and play LSN then?" Shove off.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Better graphics would be nice, but I don't see stellar graphics as something that would make the game that much better. For a small team focus on graphics might mean less time for gameplay and so on. I find the spiderweb graphic rather charming, it does its job for me.

And no, I wouldn't cry if the graphics were better or if there was animations, but that's not what's important in those games - for me.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well nobody's asking for stellar graphics. While I admit that it would be absolutely wonderful if the game had the graphical quality of TOEE or Prince of Persia and its DX9 shaders, I don't think it'd cost too much to bring on an artist to produce graphics on par with EVN and LSN.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Exitium said:
I'm waiting for some moron to tell me in the form of a question: "Why don't you go and play LSN then?" Shove off.

If you love LSN so much, why don't you marry it! HAH HAH HAH!

Jed

Cipher
Is there going to be a single-player version of LSN? Some of us hate the rest of humanity and don't want MP.

Jed

Cipher
Yeah? I can't seem to find it on their site. I'll have to look again...

EDIT: ...never mind, I found it.

Cool. I gotta check this out. Why is no one here playing it?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I was surprised that not alot of people werent playing it either, since theres alot of people who are like "OMG XCOM BET GAME EVAR". The combat is okay but there not alot of options and get tedious having to replay your moves over and over again to get them right. I think the email system is pretty cool though. I've only played the demo.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I've played the demo a few times, and was impressed with the state of graphics, especially the cute alien in the UFO. The gameplay isn't too hot since it lacks X-Com's base building fundamentals and research, which more than made up for X-Com's lacklustre combat (compared to JA2, that is).

Rosh

Erudite
<b>What's coming?</b> We are poking around at two new products now. One will be Geneforge 3, which we've already started coding. The other, we don't want to say much about yet.

fap.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom