Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age Leliana’s Song DLC Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>The latest DLC for the best RPG since Arcanum <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/07/dragon-age-lelianas-song-dlc-review/" target="_blank">gets the review treatment</a> over at Greywardens.</p>
<blockquote>
<p style="text-align: justify;">For players who like to dive straight into combat, Leliana, Tug and Sketch come pre-scripted with useful tactical settings, which allow for quick and dirty play through the game&rsquo;s first few missions. On harder difficulty levels, I had to make some adjustments to my team, but for the most part, they acted as a cohesive, well-practiced group &ndash; exactly what you&rsquo;d expect from a trio of Orlesian bards.</p>
<p style="text-align: justify;">Combat in this DLC is fast-paced and fun, with enough variation to keep even seasoned players interested. There are no mindless darkspawn in this tale &ndash; instead, you&rsquo;ll find yourself pitted against guards, Fereldan nobles, and other spies, with a few surprises thrown in for good measure. Mages make full use of the spells in their arsenal, and city guards and soldiers use a wide variety of ranged and melee weapons. As a result combat is fresh and dynamic, with a wide range of tactical challenges on harder difficulty settings.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Combat is fresh and dynamic, with a wide range of tactical challenges on harder difficulty settings.</em></p>
<p>This is what Dragon Age is famous for.</p>

chzr

Scholar
Within the first 30 seconds of gameplay I already liked these guys, thanks to the well-written and fully-voiced character chat and clever cut-scene conversations.

That sums up the review imho.

racofer

Thread Incliner
GarfunkeL said:
Racofer, what is the truth?
It's quite good actually. Although as railroaded as it could be, there's actually a few different ways to finish one of the quests, and it tells what happened to Leliana when Marjolaine betrayed her up to the point where she joins the Chantry. No background prior to that is given though. This kind of small stuff is quite nice actually since it gives us some background on the characters, which I like. Unfortunately there was no scenes depicting Leliana's torture on Harwen's dungeon, but it seems like it was quite "deep", if you know what I mean. Also, the soundtrack was great and really contributed to the atmosphere.

I say it was a good tale. It's true that everything boiled down to combat most of the time, but still a good tale.

racofer

Thread Incliner
chzr said:
Within the first 30 seconds of gameplay I already liked these guys, thanks to the well-written and fully-voiced character chat and clever cut-scene conversations.

That sums up the review imho.

And it's true. Sketch and Tug behaved like old buddies, and so did Leliana towards them. They were not just henchmen to help you out.

Silas was also a likable fella, although his participation on the game was somewhat short.

circ

Arcane
If you thought the majority of DA:O chars were shitty emo teenagers, will you think the same of LS DLC? Oh it has Leilana in it? I guess that answers that. SO YOU JUST GOT MOTHERFUCKING TORTURED (I DID NOT READ ANY OF THE DA:O BACKSTORY), BETRAYED BY SOME MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKER, ESCAPED, MET THIS BUTCHERING BAND OF PSYCHOS, JOINED THEM. AND THEN OVER THE COURSE OF THEIR ADVENTURES, YOU TALK SHIT TO A GUY ABOUT FLOWERS. AND CALL HIM A SOFTIE. YO, MAYBE I HUNG OUT WITH THE WRONG KIND OF PINOCHET TORTURE VICTIMS, BUT MOTHERFUCKER, THEY NEVER SURE AS FUCK TALKED TO ME ABOUT FLOWERS OR SOFTIES.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Leliana-Redeemed.jpg

The tears in the picture need to be more realistic. I'm not knocking the artist or trying to be an ass about it. In fact, I wouldn't mention it except that...the stuff on her cheeks doesn't look like tears.

Which makes the whole picture and text look a little...wrong...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Azrael the cat said:
The tears in the picture need to be more realistic. I'm not knocking the artist or trying to be an ass about it. In fact, I wouldn't mention it except that...the stuff on her cheeks doesn't look like tears.

Which makes the whole picture and text look a little...wrong...

I know, but making tears is tricky ;)

What makes me glad is that you didn't notice they were not part of the original picture, so I take it my blending techniques are improving.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Tell me racofer, does she have that crying face all the time through the game?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why are all promotional images depicting her like a crying bitch then?

TELL ME RACOFER!

circ

Arcane
I hope they use some Mariah Carey for trailers. IT WILL BE AWESOME. TELL ME DAVE GAIDER, DO YOU NOT AGREE? Or maybe you are more the Celine Dion man? Yes.

Need a KKKoncensus on exactly how much of Bioware's balls he is sucking before I use my bandwidth.

WhiskeyWolf said:
racofer said:

Why do the tears look like cum?

I too was thinking it was a well-aimed head shot :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom