Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gamebanshee: Interviewing the MCA

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Gamebanshee chieftain BuckGB took the opportunity <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/98564-e3-2010-chris-avellone.html" target="_blank">to speak to MCA</a> (the man who could never be arsed to play Arcanum but has time to play Fallout 3 a lot) during his E3 adventures. Topics are Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong><span class="question">GB: I personally have never been a big fan of Mass Effect, and despite the original having a great storyline, I&rsquo;d play Alpha Protocol any day over it. To me, Mass Effect put the RPG elements in the background and the shooting elements in the foreground, and Alpha Protocol did just the opposite. Alpha Protocol is more about coming up with a build for your character, purchasing the right intel for the missions, modifying your gear for the effect you&rsquo;re trying to achieve, and that type of thing. I just feel like a lot of people missed the point.</span></strong> <br /><br /><span class="answer">Chris: We tried to bring RPG mechanics from intel, rep, and all the way down to your inventory selections, and I really enjoyed going into my inventory and customizing my gear, weapons, and mods down to the type of character I was playing (in my Suave playthrough, I consciously chose weapons and mods that did less damage over silence and accuracy of shots, and I was glad I could customize my weapons accordingly and play around with the advantages and disadvantages). My loadout actually complimented my character in terms of the equipment's advantages and drawbacks.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>If only more games had awesome RPG mechanics like buying intel. If only more games had the bestest RPG element of them all: the dialogue minigame. Professional, professional, dossier, agressive, professional. Really, a lot of folks are just too next-gen to enjoy the oldschool RPG goodness Alpha Protocol possesses so abundantly for what it is.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98565-gb-feature-e3-2010-chris-avellone-interview.html">GB</a></p>

Shannow

Waster of Time
If only more games had awesome turd mechanics like buying intel. If only more games had the bestest turd element of them all: the dialogue minigame. Professional, professional, dossier, agressive, professional. Really, a lot of folks are just too next-gen to enjoy the oldschool turd goodness Alpha Protocol possesses so abundantly for what it is.
fixed

Angthoron

Arcane
Shannow said:
If only more games had awesome turd mechanics like buying intel. If only more games had the bestest turd elemental of them all: the dialogue miniturd. Professional, professional, dossier, agressive, professional. Really, a lot of folks are just too next-gen to enjoy the oldschool turd goodness Alpha Protocol possesses so abundantly for what it is.
fixed

Fixed the fix.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've been liking all your recent newsposts VoD, I'm sure this wave of mass constipation will clear up eventually. Fibers and fluids, people.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Angthoron said:
Shannow said:
If only more games had awesome turd mechanics like buying intel. If only more games had the bestest turd elemental of them all: the dialogue miniturd. Professional, professional, dossier, agressive, professional. Really, a lot of folks are just too next-gen to enjoy the oldschool turd goodness Alpha Protocol possesses so abundantly for what it is.
fixed

Fixed the fix.

Fuck, pointing out irony explicitly is not clever, go back to school kids

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Angthoron said:
Shannow said:
If only more games had awesome turd mechanics like buying intel. If only more games had the bestest turd elemental of them all: the dialogue miniturd. Professional, professional, dossier, agressive, professional. Really, a lot of folks are just too next-gen to enjoy the oldschool turd goodness Alphaturd possesses so abundantly for what it is.
fixed

Fixed the fix.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I could take that one step further but I won't.

VoD at least you stopped doing the turd stuff. (I'm one of the ones who bitched to begin with), everyone else is still a tard. But that's no different than usual.

back to sportforredneck said:
VoD at least you stopped doing the turd stuff. (I'm one of the ones who bitched to begin with), everyone else is still a tard. But that's no different than usual.

Obsidaturd fanboi detected.

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
back to sportforredneck said:

Obsidaturd fanboi detected.
:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom