Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bourgeoisie English website launched

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Afterfall; Intoxicate Interactive

<b>Bourgeoisie</b>, that next Polish indie post-nuclear cRPG, now has an <a target=_blank href=http://burzuj.nma-fallout.com/english/index.php>English website</a> hosted by <a target=_blank href=http://wwww.nma-fallout.com>NMA</a>. Here are some excerpts from the FAQ:
<br>
<ul>
<br>
8. With what Bourgeoisie can be compared?
<br>
Some people will compare us with other games on the market, but we do not want to copy anything, we just want to get inspiration from games like Arcanum, Fallout, ToEE, chess;).
<br>
<br>
(...)
<br>
<br>
13. Will the character be able to make a team?
<br>
He could have a pet for sure and a slave or something like that, but a team is out!
<br>
<br>
14. Will I be able to create my own character?
<br>
Yes, of course. The player will have a lot of possibilities in character creation like choosing your sexual orientation ;)
<br>
<br>
(...)
<br>
<br>
16. Will I find magic in the world of Bourgeoisie?
<br>
If beer tastes like magic to you, then absolutely yes ;)</ul>
<br>
You can read more of it <a target=_blank href=http://burzuj.nma-fallout.com/english/faq.php>here</a>.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
22. So what was Bourgeoisie again? I mean other than an RPG?

Spazmo

Erudite
Because, Kamaz, there's about twenty jillion ambitious amateur Polish RPG projects. They all essentially amount to mods, which have a lower survival rate than gas chamber residents. If the game gets picked up by CD Projekt or something, that'll prove it has some kind of a chance.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
See your point, heh. I know how hard it is to create a game. I mean, real game. It took me about three years for the first notable results and now I understand why so many games get abbandoned [the same with mods].

However, there is allways a chance a game will be completed. And that depends mostly on developer which, in such cases, is one and only, call him core of the project. Any fluctuations in his mind reflects in the project itself and therefor any negative comments affect him in a most destructive way. "Why should I bother myself with it if no1's interested?.. Huh, better I go and drink beer [what, as I can tell from their FAQ, are doing Burg..[damn that word!] developers].."

Because of that I try never express any verdict about game that has not yet shipped. I can comment on games technics - like graphics, developing details, team, storyline etc. - but it is worthless to express some overall conclusion about the game before it is done. It never helps - would it be positive or negative.

So, if you have some weighty evidence [other than - "Its like ten thousand other indie games" announced] why B never comes out, I would be glad to hear [read, I mean].

Rosh

Erudite
Kamaz said:
However, there is allways a chance a game will be completed. And that depends mostly on developer which, in such cases, is one and only, call him core of the project. Any fluctuations in his mind reflects in the project itself and therefor any negative comments affect him in a most destructive way. "Why should I bother myself with it if no1's interested?.. Huh, better I go and drink beer [what, as I can tell from their FAQ, are doing Burg..[damn that word!] developers].."

If someone is going into games development for adolation because they are a developer, then they are doing it for wholly the wrong reasons.

We don't need any more Derek !Smarts.

If anything, expressed doubt should prompt the developer to give a bit more out or to follow intelligent suggestions (and not the vapid herd's mooing), yet it seems that some game developers are too afraid of releasing enough info so the person doesn't realize the game might be a pig in a poke until they actually buy it.

I would hope that indie developers would do this more often in a good relationship with their fans, like Vogel. Iif they are instead going to pack their bags because someone expresses doubt over the game because they are not impressed, then I doubt if there was much seriousness behind the project. To use another example, dolomite's mod, or a few FOOL ambitions at V13.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom