Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Siege 3 Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege III; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/17/preview-dungeon-siege-3/" target="_blank">... at Joystiq.</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>As someone who's predominately a console gamer, I wasn't particularly familiar with the Dungeon Siege franchise before I sat down for a peek at the third iteration deep within the recesses of Square-Enix's E3 booth. I knew it owed a lot to Diablo, but little else. Within the first seconds of seeing Dungeon Siege III, however, I knew that Obsidian's new take on the series had been designed with someone like me in mind.<br /><br />The most obvious cue? The perspective, which has gone from the zoomed out view the series is most associated with, to a more traditional third-person action perspective right over the shoulder. The classic view is still available with just a button press, but most of the demo I saw zooms in tight on the lead character.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I'm delighted to see Obsidian aiming for the console audience.</p>

VentilatorOfDoom said:
a more traditional third-person action perspective right over the shoulder.

Tears_of_Rage.jpg

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Automatically know the game is gonna be shit, a good hack and slash needs a fixed camera, like diablo or automatic panning and switching like god of war.

Micmu

Magister
That they're going popamole camera with this was TOTALLY expected when they announced it's an xbrick game.

KalosKagathos

Learned
fizzelopeguss said:
Automatically know the game is gonna be shit, a good hack and slash needs a fixed camera, like diablo or automatic panning and switching like god of war.
This just in: God Hand, Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden are bad hack and slash games.

Shannow

Waster of Time
KalosKagathos said:
fizzelopeguss said:
This just in: God Hand, Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden are bad hack and slash games.
What's that? Some kind of rash you get from using dirty controller's?

So Obsidian fixed the camera?

MetalCraze

Arcane
As someone who's predominately a console gamer[...]I knew that Obsidian's new take on the series had been designed with someone like me in mind[...]The most obvious cue? The perspective, which has gone from the zoomed out view the series is most associated with, to a more traditional third-person action perspective right over the shoulder

Oh another shitty action game from Obsidian that consoletards instantly like. Surprise.

("a more traditional" - lulz!)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
circ said:
You just couldn't leave the motherfucking camera alone could you Obsidian. Dumb shits.

It's widely known that camera perspectives are Obsidian's specialty. They just do what they do best.

racofer

Thread Incliner
But hey, I'm the one that bitches about Obisidian not knowing to make cameras for the sake of bitching nya?!?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom