Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas - Stuff Blows Up Real Good

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>The <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php" target="_blank"><strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong></a> E3 trailer features plenty of exploding (both regular &amp; slow motion), shooting, and getting hit in the face by men in bondage gear. So if that's your thing, head over to <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-fallout-new/101171" target="_blank">GameTrailers</a> to watch all two minutes and nineteen seconds of it.<br /><em><br />Thanks Multi-headed Cow and some stranger with an unfortunate medical condition!</em></p>

racofer

Thread Incliner
But does it get as awesome as this?

Yd8Y6.jpg

racofer said:
But does it get as awesome as this?

Yd8Y6.jpg

Is it just me, or does that weapon look a hell of a lot like one of the weapons from PS:T. I can't remember the name of it, or even if it was a club or an axe, but that aside I swear it's the same one.

Like one of TNO's later incarnations got horribly lost, didn't even get as far as finding Pharod, ended up in Rivet City and went loopy.

Ausir

Arcane
Is it just me, or does that weapon look a hell of a lot like one of the weapons from PS:T. I can't remember the name of it, or even if it was a club or an axe, but that aside I swear it's the same one.

It's FO3's version of super sledge.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, some of the comments on that GT video are really retarded...

I'm talking about fallot 3, about water's story etc.

So lets produce hundred fallouts and each part will be about different things. Whats the foolish thing? I said so, cause im too loved fallout from third part, and i really like game's story about his dad and water what was given to us in third part.

What would be if Valve produced Half Life episode 1 and 2 without something common with Half life 2 ? what would be good if Valve leave gameplay and changed story?

Im not satisfied that will play by another person.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Clockwork Knight said:
Retarded? I don't know what half of these even mean, so I'll have to take your word for it.
Translation: there's no sense of continuity because New Vegas doesn't have the same PC as Fallout 3, and its storyline isn't dedicated to the search for the lost dad and bringing water back to the wasteland, franchise's signature themes, as any true fan surely knows. Yeah.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The internet never ceases to amaze me, and my opinion of the average console gamer dips another point.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
KalosKagathos said:
Translation: there's no sense of continuity because New Vegas doesn't have the same PC as Fallout 3, and its storyline isn't dedicated to the search for the lost dad and bringing water back to the wasteland, franchise's signature themes, as any true fan surely knows. Yeah.
It's ok cos this isn't called Fallout IV. :thumbsup:

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Loved Fallout 3 (and 1 and 2). But this engine is starting to look seriously dated. Hopefully hardcore mode makes up for it.

xboxlivearcade said:
I'm sorry I did not see the appeal in fallout 3, and I feel th same way about this vegas crap. It just seems slow and boring. And the old time fart music from the racist dyas of the 50's diners makes it worse. I wiil not be getting this or any fallout for that matter.

Gotta crank up some My Chemical Romance in there or no buy

Hearing I Write Sins Not Tragedies while controlling Helios would b p. sweet too, very fitting and would mark the second installment of the Fallout series as a game for adults who know what they like.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
xboxlivearcade said:
I'm sorry I did not see the appeal in fallout 3, and I feel th same way about this vegas crap. It just seems slow and boring. And the old time fart music from the racist dyas of the 50's diners makes it worse. I wiil not be getting this or any fallout for that matter.

common denominators, i didn't know they went that low.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Brother None said:
whatever%20abomination

Nuff said
Doesn't matter much because if you see them from close in the game, they will be moving and they seem to move quite fast so there's no much time to look at the details. At least I haven't found anything disturbing about them until I've seen them frozen on a screenshot.

Awkward animations and bad texturing of models for creatures that doesn't move as fast (f.e. the robot on a wheel) is a bigger issue.

an arkanian dwarf said:
Forgot just how ugly that engine is. Those huge yellow Simpson hands always annoyed the shit out of me.
I don't think this particular problem is engine-related.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
Forgot just how ugly that engine is.
Sorry to disappoint you but the engine has nothing to do with Obsidian's shitty designers. If they wanted to or could make it look good they'd make it look good.
Gamebryo may have its faults but it's very flexible when it comes to its looks (see The Guild 2)

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
xboxlivearcade said:

Fallout:
"By Racists for Racists."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom