Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR II: The Sith Lords Release Date

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href="http://www.obsidianent.com">Obsidian Entertainment's</a> upcoming Star Wars title, KOTOR II was reported recently to have been coming out at the end of this year. To that end, gaming webzine <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/">Computer and Video Games</a> is reporting that <a href="http://www.activision.com">Activision</a> is denying any plans for a 2004 release. A company spokesperson for Activision is stating that reports about the premature release are purely speculative in nature and that the official release date for KOTOR II is still February, 2005.
<br>
<br>
It is apparent to me that the rumor of the Christmas date was the result of release date tampering, a <b>dishonest</b> marketing ploy at <a href="http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243501.asp">EB Games</a> to receive more pre-orders for the title.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Is that sarcasm there, or are you truly ignorant that they do this with every title?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I am truly ignorant that they do this with every title. I am so ignorant that I had to point it out because most people already know about their business conduct. Right?

:roll:

Fuck off, pissant. If most people knew that the rumor wouldn't have existed in the first place, would it?

:roll:

Grefter

Novice
It is not an uncommon practice for those companies to do that. Diablo 2 alone must have had at least 5 such dates awithin a year of its release put out just to generate pre-orders. Just because they do it often doesn't make it any less misleading when they do. There is nothing wrong with Exitium to have believed it, I am sure many people have been hoping that these companies would get their shit together and not release unconfirmed rumours just to get a bit of profit. No suprise that they haven't and are still unethical butt fuckers though.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I wouldn't dismiss the "rumors" that quickly and blame them exclusively on greedy bastards at EB. Everyone knows that Xmas does wonderful things to games sales, and I'm sure that all parties involved: Obsidian, LA, and Activision, wouldn't mind a piece of that action. Considering that it's a sequel, i.e. the engine, art, mechanics, etc are already done, it's very likely that the game will be pushed out of the doors a bit earlier then anticipated.

Grefter

Novice
Ahhh yes forgot to do that, don't mind me, I will make sure the door hits me several times on the way out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Lied? Didn't it say "Winter 2004"? Hmm.. IIRC, "January 2005 is technically a part of Winter 2004.

As for Exitium, Sarge and Howling have obviously twisted his pysche. He can't seem to control himself as he insults anything that disageees with him over, and over again. He is losing big time. :cry:

Voss

Erudite
Check everything at the door!

Nudists only, you clothes wearing sons of bitches!

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom