Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Moar Witchery

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Tomek Gop takes his time to <a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/06/10/tomasz-gop-explains-the-witcher-2/" target="_blank">explain The Witcher 2 to RPS</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>RPS: So let&rsquo;s talk about the story: what&rsquo;s going on in The Witcher 2?</strong></p>
<p>Gop: Well, I must assume you have played The Witcher 1? But anyway at the end of that you will have noticed that there is something going on. We were, of course, already planning to extend the story. At the end of the game there is a scheme, someone is trying to kill the king. The Witcher 2 is this, it&rsquo;s a direct sequel. Things that happen in The Witcher 2 take much wider scale, both in land and in politics. There are more of the guy who tries to kill the king, something drives them, and it&rsquo;s that you are finding out about. The guy that tried to kill the king will start off the main thread in The Witcher 2, and you are going to find out more about that. Geralt would like to find out more about the assassin, but there are still some area of Temeria in which there is a rebellion, and it&rsquo;s to one of these areas that the king travels, asking Geralt to go with him. You start at the castle of a female baron, and it&rsquo;s a prologue to the game. We have shown some stuff from act one, but something has happened before that in the prologue. You&rsquo;ve found stuff out, you&rsquo;ve met knew people. It&rsquo;s going to be epic, a boom!</p>
</blockquote>
<p>So you start at the castle of a <strong>female </strong>baron. A baroness. I see. The game apparently starts with some Witcher-like emotional engagement if you know what I mean.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>thanks to PlanHex</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-I'm a witcher
<bangs baroness>
-I'm fighting monsters
<bangs her maiden>
-I don't know anymore what I am
<bangs woman from a castle>
-Am I a human? Or an abomination?
<bangs woman from a nearby village>
-I should go destroy evil
<meets monster>
-Is this truly an evil creature? Or are humans evil?
<bangs monster>
monster: durr hurr
- I have to choose lesser evil
<kills monster>
-You're free from monster. But watch out for true evil inside humans.
<bangs thanking baroness>

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wasn't witcher about country that would be screwed anyway? Also the emperor was person that mattered...

And what's about main character exterminating monsters left and right. He was quite opposed to exterminating monsters just because.

1eyedking

Erudite
Witcher developer said:
Brewing potions isn’t obligatory, of course, but you can create more useful potions if you spend the time in what I guess is a mini-game.
Uh-oh.

Captain_Obvious

Scholar
Spoiler alert: You can bang her, but do NOT trust her. She`s involved into the conspiracies!

hiver

I think the sex cards are out this time, if im not mistaken.

1eyedking said:
Witcher developer said:
Brewing potions isn’t obligatory, of course, but you can create more useful potions if you spend the time in what I guess is a mini-game.
Uh-oh.
Well, they had to fuck up somewhere - it was all going too good to be really true.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, some people would say that the alchemy system in the first game was already a minigame, let's hope that's what he means.

hiver

I always said i liked those cards a lot. I just hated the way you get them.

They did say they made changes to "relationships" now and that those will be executed in some more meaningful way, story and gameplay wise.

Very curious exactly how did they do it

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
VentilatorOfDoom said:
as far as I remember he was mostly concerned with people stealing witcher's work or something
I talked about main character. The main character was the last person who would go on an extermination spree.

Considering the problem they had in theirs world, sequels doesn't make much sense. (The problem should be noticable at most 30 years from his death.)

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Minigames (boxing and dice poker) in The Witcher were integrated into the game really well, but were far too easy. You never had to spend your talent points to learn any fighting moves even on the highest difficulty and dice poker had absolutely horrible AI before enhanced edition came out. That brewing of potions minigame however has potential to be the most horrible abomination in the history of gaming after planet scanning in Mass Effect 2.

Ausir

Arcane
Konjad said:
-I'm a witcher
<bangs baroness>
-I'm fighting monsters
<bangs her maiden>
<meets monster>
<bangs monster>
<kills monster>

Dude, spoiler warning!

made

Arcane
Tolknaz said:
That brewing of potions minigame however has potential to be the most horrible abomination in the history of gaming after planet scanning in Mass Effect 2.
Why? I thought it worked out rather well. The only annoyance was limited inventory space to carry the tons of reagents - something they later changed iirc.

dr. one

Augur
Tolknaz said:
Minigames (boxing and dice poker) in The Witcher were integrated into the game really well, but were far too easy.

yeah.
also, along with sex cards, playing these minigames infused Geralt with a kinda juvenile dimension which i really appreciated. hopefully The Witcher 2 will preserve these additional tones, somehow.
oh, and i loved the final poker match.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Ausir said:
Konjad said:
-I'm a witcher
<bangs baroness>
-I'm fighting monsters
<bangs her maiden>
<meets monster>
<bangs monster>
<kills monster>

Dude, spoiler warning!
You should update your wiki. Couldn't find these facts on it. :?

EDIT:
I can see the graphics show huge attention to small details.

Rhalle

Magister
No sex cards.

Potion mini-game.

Bragging that the game starts off with LETTUCE MAKE FUCKING, which has to be some puppet-sex cutscene.

I dunno, CDPR. I dunno.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
made said:
Why? I thought it worked out rather well. The only annoyance was limited inventory space to carry the tons of reagents - something they later changed iirc.
I wasn't referring to the alchemy in The Witcher. It was awesome and i wouldn't exactly call it a minigame. A dev said that alchemy will be sort of a minigame in TW2.

made

Arcane
Yeah ok, my bad there. Carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom