Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Tim Cain profile at NMA

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fallout; Interplay; Tim Cain

<a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a> now have a <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=7219>profile</a> of the Supreme Fallout Commander <b>Tim Cain</b> where he answers Odin's heap of questions.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>This is a trick question for me, since I have already been given a blank slate not once but twice, first with Fallout and then with Arcanum. These both were opportunities to make brand new games – new engines, new role-playing systems, new universes, new everything. Of course, I’d love to get that opportunity again, but I could not predict what it would be any more than I could have predicted making Fallout or Arcanum before I actually made them.</blockquote>
<br>

<br>
I certainly hope he does get that opportunity again. Licensed games are generally just a big 'ol bag of trouble.
<br>

<br>
Thanks to <b>Briosafreak</b> for the heads up.

DemonKing

Arcane
Spazmo said:
I certainly hope he does get that opportunity again. Licensed games are generally just a big 'ol bag of trouble.

True - but Arcanum wasn't extactly everybody's cup of tea either. Still, he proved with the original Fallout that he could do something original and decent (although I believe even that started off as a licenced GURPS product).

Odin

Novice
Whipporowill said:
Anyone else have trouble accessing NMA with zonealarm on, since the redesign? Works fine off.

What happens ?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Odin said:
Whipporowill said:
Anyone else have trouble accessing NMA with zonealarm on, since the redesign? Works fine off.

What happens ?

If I go to the domain I see Marcus for half a sec, then it quits loading and jumps to a "can't display page". If I follow the profile link from this piece of news I get Marcus and a half loaded page - no content, only menu. If I turn off zonealarm it works getting there either way.

Briosafreak

Augur
Clean the cache on your browser, turn Zone Alarm off, go to NMA, close the browser, turn Zone Alarm on, and you should get the page(but slowly). Then head to Zone Alarm support, the last update of the thing has some serious issues and they are advising people to go back one version.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Briosafreak said:
Clean the cache on your browser, turn Zone Alarm off, go to NMA, close the browser, turn Zone Alarm on, and you should get the page(but slowly). Then head to Zone Alarm support, the last update of the thing has some serious issues and they are advising people to go back one version.

I usually always keep my cache empt and I don't even think I have the latest zone alarm version - considering I don't subscribe.

Odin

Novice
I can feel the love in this room...

WHAT, we can't install spyware and viruses anymore ?? ( that really happened?)

Whipporowill

Erudite
ej.jpg

"Can you feel the looooove tonight"

YUCK.

Back on topic. Great read - like the earlier two (no matter having to turn off my firewall). I guess them not working at I-play anymore sort of loosens their tongues.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah Odin, that really happened. You can ask Insane-Lark, too. It happened to her as well.

Btw, something is going on with Troika and Obsidian!

Briosafreak

Augur
Hey let`s not start rumours guys, let`s just leave people handle their businesses in peace. I never heard of any association of that type for the future, besides wishfull thinking, let`s leave it at that for now ok?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom