Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Inside the Vault: Obsidian’s Scott Lawlor

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>More Bethblog goodness awaits, this time Scott Lawlor, Audio Director for Fallout: New Vegas, answers some incredibly interesting questions. Like this one:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Which Fallout effect do you think is the most iconic?</strong></p>
<p>There is no doubt about it, VATS.&nbsp; That sound has been with the series since the beginning. In FNV we want to remain true to that sound but at the same time we want to &ldquo;kick it up a notch.&rdquo;</p>
</blockquote>
<p><a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/06/09/inside-the-vault-obsidians-scott-lawlor/" target="_blank">Here's the rest.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15082">RPGWatch</a></p>

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
VATS... sound?

He means the sound effect that plays when combat is initiated in Fallout, right?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
treave said:
VATS... sound?

He means the sound effect that plays when combat is initiated in Fallout, right?

Yeah. Can't really disagree with him, though I had to take a moment to breathe in and think about puppies after seeing "I think VATS is the most iconic Fallout effect" out of context.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Scott Lawlor said:
There is no doubt about it, VATS.  That sound has been with the series since the beginning. In FNV we want to remain true to that sound but at the same time we want to “kick it up a notch.”

what in the fucking asscunt are you talking about, Scott Lawlor?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Good to hear they're staying true to the most iconic element (really, a fucking sound?) by "kicking it up a notch". :roll:

deuxhero

Arcane
treave said:
VATS... sound?

I think. I HATE that, combat taking forever to start up/stop is the reason I don't replay Fallout and Fallout 2 that much.

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
FeelTheRads said:
Good to hear they're staying true to the most iconic element (really, a fucking sound?) by "kicking it up a notch". :roll:

You realize that they asked him about the most iconic EFFECT, as in SOUND EFFECT, right?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
themadhatter114 said:
You realize that they asked him about the most iconic EFFECT, as in SOUND EFFECT, right?

i do, yes. and my question still stands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom