Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Odd Couple: Obsidian, Square Enix and Dungeon Siege III

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

<p>1UP are <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9033239" target="_blank">pondering the implications</a> of these exciting news.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span class="articleText">At the moment, much of Obsidian's "A" team seems to be tied up with New Vegas, including top designers Chris Avellone and Josh Sawyer. But with George Ziets serving as the creative lead, Dungeon Siege III shouldn't be lacking for interesting ideas.<br /><br />One of Ziets' more recent projects was the Mask of the Betrayer expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2, which among other things contained the controversial "spirit eating mechanic." It also features characters like Okku the Rainbow Bear God and One of Many, the latter of which can change its class depending on souls it consumes. So that should give you an idea of what Ziets will bring Dungeon Siege's fairly generic fantasy universe.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Yes, now that Obsidian have proper publishing support by Bethesda and Square Enix everything will be good. Promise.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98191-the-odd-couple-obsidian-square-enix-and-dungeon-siege-iii.html">GB</a></p>

Black

Arcane
After SoZ I kinda of hoped that Obsidian would make their own RPG, in which they show what they've learned from their previous games, with party-dialogues, overland map from SoZ etc.
Oh well.

Shannow said:
Dyspaire said:
Of all the game engines available to them, why this one?
Which one?

Actually, the engine is the only part which makes sense, assuming that they're getting one handed to them. DS was a shit game, but a great engine, and the Ultima: Lazarus team did wonderful things with it. If they were making a game with an engine licenced from the team that made DS it would make sense. It's the 'everything else' part that seems a little crazy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Radisshu said:
I completely forgot about George Ziets. He's pretty cool.

Yeah that is the only reason I am somewhat mildly interested in how they will approach Dungeon Siege III.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe they will make RPG out of Dungeon Siege? Well, at least level of Neverwinter Nights 2 would be okay... but I hope it will be even better.

I mean DS 1&2 were shit but while many companies make shit out of good series maybe they want to make good game out of shit series?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
that's not what controversial means, gaywad.

and i liked it due to the fact that you could also devour spirits in conversations.

Mortmal

Arcane
They are doing a dungeon siege sequel fine, but are they working on any rpg that is not a shooter or an hack and slash ? Obsidian was one of the last doing rpgs. I dont see anything else announced at all, and no info on their wheel of time game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Donkey Balls said:
SuicideBunny said:
spirit eating was controversial? the hell?
Nobody liked it. Nobody.

2nkjjf8.jpg

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The Spirit Eater was a good dumbfuck detector. Only those too dumb to learn the way it works and how to control it don't like it. It is pretty awesome once you figure it out, especially if you're playing an evil character.

1eyedking

Erudite

Turjan

Arcane
1eyedking said:
LOL. Now I understand why the guy thinks anime is teh shit.
Says the guy who proved he doesn't have a clue of art. Plus, memory fail. I don't like anime.

Just because an answer seems unlikely, doesn't mean it's illogical. You assume too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom