Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Herve promises funding

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Herve Caen; Interplay

I just spotted <A href="http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY&read=994">this post</a> on the <A href="http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY">IPLY Raging Bull forum</a>, which is a cut and paste job of one of <b>Tamara Chuang</b>'s pieces from <A href="http://www.ocregister.com/">Orange County Register</a>. Like the title says, everything will be cool with <A href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> once they get funding. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The state is auditing Interplay's payroll records to determine who has been paid and who hasn't. Once the audit is completed, Interplay must pay back wages and possible penalties. If Interplay doesn't pay on time, the state could go after Interplay's assets by filing liens in court.
<br>
<br>
"We've missed a couple of payrolls, but we're going to catch up as soon as we get funding," Caen said.
<br>
<br>
Caen said he repeatedly has told employees that they will be paid when cash comes in through more funding or through the ongoing sale of its games, including "Baldur's Gate" and "Fallout." Tuesday, Caen said at least five people were at work.
<br>
<br>
"Anybody who will be at Interplay once this period of time is over will have lost nothing," Caen said.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Isn't that like saying everything will be cool in the desert once they get some steady rains and plant life?
<br>
<br>
I like the part about siezing assets though. How many P3-500MHz computers do you think it'll take to pay one employee's salary for the last month and a half?
<br>
<br>

Voss

Erudite
unless they needed money or insurance when they didn't have it.

Hope no one with kids had any emergencies when they were going without that stuff. Or make mortage payments, or...

Feh. Lost nothing...

Fez

Erudite
I'm getting a feeling that next week's news will be along the lines of "Herve promises to move mountains with psychic powers and transmute lead to gold to solve debt problem".

He is either an absolute moron or, as I believe, he has been squirreling away company money for his own gain, sucking companies dry to like a vampire to enhance his own demonic unlife.

Seven

Erudite
Fez said:
I'm getting a feeling that next week's news will be along the lines of "Herve promises to move mountains with psychic powers and transmute lead to gold to solve debt problem".

He is either an absolute moron or, as I believe, he has been squirreling away company money for his own gain, sucking companies dry to like a vampire to enhance his own demonic unlife.

In order for him to make good on his promises he will have to move mountains, turn lead into gold, and pray that a Suadi prince is willing to pay 5-10 million for his virgin asshole. :roll:

plin

Liturgist
I just bought Fallout:BOS last night. Damn that game kicks ass. Hopefully my funds can help interplay out so they can make some sequels to this.

There was this supermutant and it was like "I'm gonna eat your flesh mother fucker"
So I shot it with my fuckin rifle blaster, and blood squirted all over the place. Fucken ey. LOL OMG

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Both. I think that in a month his press release will say:

"Herve Caen has agreed to drop his soap in the prison shower twice daily for the remainder of his 10 year sentence in order to keep the rights to his beloved Fallout franchise. He was quoted as saying, 'The company is in great shape. We have plans to release Fallout: Brotherhood of Prison Rape by Q4 of 2006.'"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
OC said:
Tuesday, Caen said at least five people were at work.
5 people? Wow. That's enough to make and release at least three games this year...

... if it was the 1980's.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
4 out of those 5 were janitors. The fifth was Steve "Decamber" Jobes. Who may or may not be relegated to janitorial duties at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom