Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher Platinum Edition Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

<p>Yes, you heard right. There's a new <a href="http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=29102.msg5418730" target="_blank">Witcher Edition</a> available, this time more enhanced than ever before:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>This particular version includes the v1.5 patch, all uncensored content, and the additional adventures that have been released.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>If only all devs would enhance their games that much.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98050-the-witcher-platinum-edition-now-available-in-europe.html">GB</a></p>

Ausir

Arcane
And yeah, it's just a cheap reissue with the latest patch included.

relootz

Scholar
I guess i will buy this version, i haven't bought the game yet and it deserves it.

It's around 17 euro if anyone wonders.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Ausir said:
And in before skyway.

31q2g.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
As many times as TES III Morrowind, BG, NWN and Silent Storm and Fallout, those fucking re-release dipshit cock ball fucks.

What I wonder about more is when that shitty Tolkien gets re-released? Fuck, he wrote his shit and died already, why the dancing cocks is it still in print? They even made a fucking movie out of it!

What about the Bible? Fucking hell, being re-published for two millennia in one form or another, what a bunch of twats.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
About as many times as other companies release their successful games I would say.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Angthoron said:
What about the Bible? Fucking hell, being re-published for two millennia in one form or another, what a bunch of twats.

right there with ya, buddy.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Another edition? The enhanced edition was nice, but fucking hell, this is too much. Btw, I foresee a Definitive Edition soon. It's gonna be last one. Seriously.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Angthoron said:
As many times as TES III Morrowind, BG, NWN and Silent Storm and Fallout, those fucking re-release dipshit cock ball fucks.

Other than "GotY editions including DLC", for the most part those games just got rereleased or reprinted once their old runs were out of print. The Witcher's approach to rereleases for patches is fairly novel, I think.

Angthoron

Arcane
Brother None said:
Angthoron said:

Other than "GotY editions including DLC", for the most part those games just got rereleased or reprinted once their old runs were out of print. The Witcher's approach to rereleases for patches is fairly novel, I think.

Yes and no - the essential part remains the same. And frankly, I rather buy a pre-patched Witcher with modules than a non-patched Witcher without modules and THEN download them because let's face it, those files are huge and you're either keeping them for the next install if you feel you want to replay the game sometimes or waste time re-downloading them again. If the dev and publisher realize this, and sell it at devalued price with proper updates, good for them. If they get some publicity out of it, good for them. Getting panties in a bunch each time they do an updated re-release is frankly something I don't get.

DraQ

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Brother None said:
Angthoron said:

Yes and no - the essential part remains the same. And frankly, I rather buy a pre-patched Witcher with modules than a non-patched Witcher without modules and THEN download them because let's face it, those files are huge and you're either keeping them for the next install if you feel you want to replay the game sometimes or waste time re-downloading them again. If the dev and publisher realize this, and sell it at devalued price with proper updates, good for them. If they get some publicity out of it, good for them. Getting panties in a bunch each time they do an updated re-release is frankly something I don't get.
This.

Phelot

Arcane
It's nice and all that they keep supporting the game so much, but it got fucking stupid for awhile there with all the renames and shit. Just say that the latest editions of the game are gonna come with more shit rather then making Ultimate Ultra Ass Fucking The Witcher Edition Ultimate

visions

Arcane
Angthoron said:
As many times as ... Silent Storm

Has Silent Storm been reissued? It seems pretty hard to track down a copy of English version of it, afaik.

I thought I will probably have to resort to not removing from inventory if I want to get this in 2010.

Elzair

Cipher
Slightly on-topic, Silellak, your Age of Decadence Retrospective images are not showing up properly.

Angthoron

Arcane
Rageing Atheist said:
Angthoron said:
As many times as ... Silent Storm

Has Silent Storm been reissued? It seems pretty hard to track down a copy of English version of it, afaik.

I thought I will probably have to resort to not removing from inventory if I want to get this in 2010.

I *think* I bought a reissued version, but that was several years ago now. It was just something off the top of my head and not necessarily very precise at that, compared to some of the more prolific titles anyway.

Angthoron said:
Brother None said:
Angthoron said:

Logic? On my Codex?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom