Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News From K2 forums: He lives again!...and again...and again...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

According to the latest <a href=http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1127&st=0&#entry31924>update</a>, <b>Atton</b>, that gayer then Christmas fella, has been given an ability called <b>the Zombie Effect</b>, ok, ok, it's actually called Revival, and it makes death in combat less honorable then it should be.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>As has been mentioned, we're trying to give the party NPCs unique abilities to make them handy for different things. One of the magazines mentioned Atton's Revival ability, but the description for it was sort've unclear.
<br>
<br>
What that ability actually does is let Atton get back up in combat after he's been KO'd for a certain number of seconds. He'll get back up with just a few HP, but if you act quickly, you might be able to heal him up and have him rejoin the battle instead of being out one of your party members for the remainder of the battle.
<br>
<br>
Note that this isn't Atton's only special ability. There's a number of other character-specific abilities in the game. </blockquote>Opinions?
<br>

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Unless you can outfit him with a lightsaber what's the point of having him rejoin the battle?

Spazmo

Erudite
It's not like having someone die is usually a problem in KOTOR combat anyhow. And yeah, if he's not a Jedi, he might as well die anyhow.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL I see RPGCodex is into erasing posts now. Cool.

Anyways, to be on topic, this seems kinda silly. I wonder how this 'ability' can be explained in character.

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:

See, the thing is, we don't like responses that are just "No." Not only is that generally a worthless post, but it simply doesn't make sense. Would it kill you to write a complete sentence? You've been doing this shit for ages now and I'm fed up. Stop posting useless one-word crap.

Shevek

Arcane
Im not sure I like that much - I think that may hinder immersion and not quite fit with what I know of the Star Wars universe. I will probably just not use this Atton guy and hope others are designed more to my liking.

Rosh

Erudite
I think this just means that they are going to skimp on the AI for this one. Turn him into the Tomi of KOToR II.

Voss

Erudite
Given how easy healing was in the original this seems rather pointless.

Plus, I'm really curious how it gets justified in the SW universe context. Lucas's opinions aside, SW is a bit more sci-fi than fantasy so 'come-back-from-the-dead' effects need some justification.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Use the force...to justify everything is the SW motto. A character comes back from the dead? Why, that's because he's force sensitive. The Force is obviously strong in this one and if the Force wants him to wake up and get quickly killed again, then who are we to argue?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Please Spaz, I'll be keeping an eye out for all one word/single smiley posts from everyone. If you don't erase them I'll cry bias. :D

Anyways, back on top so as not to hurt poor Spazzy who's "fed up" (lol), like I said above these special abilities just seem silly. I'm with Voss and VD. It's just plain lame.

Jed

Cipher
Oh god, Volourn, don't you ever give it a rest? Please just shut up for a couple of days and give the rest of us all a well-deserved break.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Please. The last time I was gone for a few days (Christmas); people were whining about that.

You dor ealzie though telling me to shut up isn't the way to go about it. The best way is to ignore me. But, you won't as your focus is too much on me instead of the subject matter as evidenced by when replying to me you ignored mya ctual on topic stuff and decided to attack me. That's cool. Whatever floats your boat.

Back on topic... yet again...

Revival is so FGish. It should stay there. :cool:

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:
Please Spaz, I'll be keeping an eye out for all one word/single smiley posts from everyone. If you don't erase them I'll cry bias. :D

Ah, but I am quite clearly biased against you, Volourn.

...like I said above these special abilities just seem silly. I'm with Voss and VD. It's just plain lame.

See, if you'd just expressed your entire thought as a sentence like this to begin with, it'd all be a-okay. Just going "No." doesn't work.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
1. At least your honest about your bias. :D

2. My thought in my erased post was quite clear actually. I was answering VD's question in a direct matter. I didn't know it was required to write 5 paragraphs to a simple question.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
It will be interesting to see how they explain this power, it doesn't sound very Star Wars to me, but maybe the character in question belong to yet another unknown race of aliens that have this innate ability.

Snuffles

Novice
It says in the top post, he comes back from KO not death, just like all the characters can do at the end of combat.

Spazmo

Erudite
I recall Canderous had some sort of implant that regenerated his hit points even after he would go down. This sounds like much the same thing, really.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Volourn said:

Anyways, to be on topic, this seems kinda silly. I wonder how this 'ability' can be explained in character.

You see Volourn "NO" is not really a cool answer.

More cool and certainly a more complete sentence would be something like this ....

"No you are wrong. I understand perfectly . Next"

:twisted:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That may be true; but it wouldn't be answering the question which was :" Opinions?" Geez, do people even read VD's posts or do they ignore them?

Vault Dweller

Developer
I like "No", it's very deep, makes you think. What was he really trying to say?

Psilon

Erudite
It says he can actually make it through an entire post without any spacing spasms or mystifying misspellings. Bravo.

I'm liking your minimalist trend, keep trimming your posts until eventually you post nothing at all. That will really get everyone thinking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom