Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Awesome of Jeff Vogel

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software

Jeff talks to <a href="http://captaind-pc-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/04/captaind-interviews-jeff-vogel-of.html">MacGamer:</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>So tell us something about the future. Avernum has come to a glorious end after so many years, but I know you're not done. Give us some teasers.</b>
<br>
<br>
Right now, we are working on an all-new RPG series. We've heavily revamped our basic engine. We're making a new game system, new world, new storyline, new graphics. It will play very differently from our previous games, but it will still have much of that old Spiderweb flavor.
<br>
The fundamental sort of game will be the same. A RPG, a class-based system, turn-based combat. And it'll be low-budget and retro like everything else we've ever done. But we're going the extra mile to make it the most attractive game Spiderweb has ever made.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97764-spiderweb-software-interviews.html">GB</A>

denizsi

Arcane
How boring to see people still clinging to the artificial gaming construct that is classes.

Dragon

Augur
It's not really "classes" in Avernum since you can build you own from scratch. The classes are just a shortcut.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I hope for some medieval setting with low magic and lots of C&C.

Jive One

Educated
The basics are there, hopefully they up the puzzles and complexity of quests.

denizsi

Arcane
Dragon said:
It's not really "classes" in Avernum since you can build you own from scratch. The classes are just a shortcut.

Thanks for enlightening me, dear madam. Now I feel more likely to play the series sometime in summer. I'll probably just play AV6, though.

denizsi

Arcane
Unless you're making considerable story alterations based on the classes, such as the origins stories in Dragon Age, strict class divisions are pointless, especially when the skill/ability cross over between similar classes are minimal. At least that's the context I'm calling it artificial in.

However, I must admit, I find the extreme opposite just as silly.

Fez

Erudite
It's just like cotton candy, I'm sure. Give it a try.

roll-a-die

Magister
Actually spiderwebs taste something like dirt mixed with saliva and dead bug.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I hope for no furry or scaly races, but I am thinking I shall be let down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom